Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally got my Boxster S home!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2009, 03:42 AM
lithium1330
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by M3Armand
Hey Chump, interesting to see you here of all places...I'm like, "this guy looks familiar"... Congrats on the new toy!

Dude, that is like a seriously great deal. Dunno about about the blacked out rear tail lights though... On that note, I have the "clear" euro side marker lenses. The dealer thought he was doing me a favor my installing it. I was livid. I wanted the "yellow" standard ones. If you want it, the wife says $30. She likes your car, too! You need more pics of the interior though.

Great buy! I think you got the best deal that I have ever seen...
ha ha...thanks! And yes, small world indeed. I'll leave the tint on the taillights until I get bored and rip them out - I may try to remove just the tint off the white part first. We'll see. I did also put on the clear side markers, but didn't get around to posting pictures. I'll get some interior pictures your way. Give your family my best!
Old 09-01-2009, 11:46 PM
Cpa4S
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i love the look of the tinted windows. i have been thinking of it for looks as it goes with the blacked A pillar of the RS spyder.

did you consider putting in the cayman air vent? - i like that re-done in black nice mod
Old 09-02-2009, 09:59 PM
lithium1330
Racer

Originally Posted by Cpa4S
i love the look of the tinted windows. i have been thinking of it for looks as it goes with the blacked A pillar of the RS spyder.

did you consider putting in the cayman air vent? - i like that re-done in black nice mod
Thanks Cpa4S! I really liked the color theme of the limited edition with orange/black contrast, so I decided take the same theme with Speed Yellow. It has worked out well...I got rid of the silver color (which IMO, doesn't match with SY) and replaced with black Boxster vents. I found a really good deal on a set of new, painted black Boxster vents, so I didn't bother looking at Cayman vents. I read somewhere that the Boxster vents actually has more open areas compared with the Cayman vents - not that it makes a big difference. Nonetheless...I really like the look of it - the contrast really makes the vents stand out.

THe tint is great too and a must in S. Florida. I realized this weekend the tint on windshield is well worth the investment. I don't have to worry about getting 3rd degree burn when I touch the steering wheel or sit on the black leather seats.
Old 09-02-2009, 11:21 PM
Cpa4S
Three Wheelin'

i would upload a pic of mine with the Cayman vents - but trying to upload with Vista is crazy - when i use browse it gives me all 100 file names which for some crazy reason i just have not gotten around to memorizing. i hate Vista
Old 09-05-2009, 10:02 AM
Charlie C
Porsche Nut
Rennlist Member

Received 147 Likes on 75 Posts

Hey Chump, interesting to see you here of all places...I'm like, "this guy looks familiar"... Congrats on the new toy!

Dude, that is like a seriously great deal. Dunno about about the blacked out rear tail lights though... On that note, I have the "clear" euro side marker lenses. The dealer thought he was doing me a favor my installing it. I was livid. I wanted the "yellow" standard ones. If you want it, the wife says $30. She likes your car, too! You need more pics of the interior though.

Great buy! I think you got the best deal that I have ever seen...
I agree that the yellow ones look good on a yellow car.
Old 09-06-2009, 03:18 AM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 853 Likes on 468 Posts

Originally Posted by lithium1330
This was 30% off MSRP. If you look on ebay and cars.com, most 2008s demo's through dealers are listing for 15% off (low to mid $50's). Occassionally, you'll find a couple of cars listing for ~26%... there was a Limited Edition S (CPO'ed) in MA for ~$48's with ~5000 miles. I was asking for 10% off and all dealers pretty much countered with 5% off and no more. I guess as much as sales has slowed to a standstill, dealers are still not ready to drop their pants -. When I picked up my car last week (mid day, mid week), the dealer signed 2 deals while I was waiting for my car.
Wow...I just picked up my speed yellow Boxster 2009 and wished I could have gotten 30% off. I got about 10% with my trade and all to encompase some negative equity from my wife's trade (herE class traded for 09 Boxster for me...gave up the Cayenne S to her as a further peace offering! LOL). Got 1.9% financing tho which sweetned the deal also as previous rates where above 6% on her previous car! Was looking for an 09 Speed Yellow Boxster S but couldn't find one and none with PCM 3.0 so I settled for the 09 987 since it has the new engine and exhausts also.

Originally Posted by DLennox
You got 30% off an untitled leftover new car? $19k off really?!? Wow, what a great deal that was!
Originally Posted by Charlie C
I agree that the yellow ones look good on a yellow car.
Switched out to Euro white lights and looks better INMO as the yellow ones OEM just is too much orange for me. Like the side vents tho as I was saying to myself the silver/titanium does throw off the Black/yellow theme abit. Am thinking of a tint too...am military and PCS/moving to next duty station in Texas next May and heat its HOT down there. But I may go lighter as at night the dark tints just kill my eyes and I feel like I have to drive with the windows down 1/2 the time.

Anyway love your car. Here's mine and a shot of the interior I got sport seats and wheel but same black set upI just updated the NAV unit to aftermarket... before and after shots. Sport exhaust next...may sell my wheels for a set of 19" Carrera S wheels as I just like them better...more sporty than my current 19" Sport Designs I think...

https://rennlist.com/forums/987-foru...ml#post6879683

Last edited by mdrobc1213; 12-22-2012 at 06:29 PM.
Old 09-06-2009, 12:29 PM
Cpa4S
Three Wheelin'

here are a couple of mine with the vent replaced with the cayman - painted in exterior colour by Eric the plug man
Attached Images   
Old 09-07-2009, 11:07 PM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

here are a couple of mine with the vent replaced with the cayman - painted in exterior colour by Eric the plug man
Very nice. Hmm...maybe a though to do it.
Old 09-08-2009, 10:26 PM
lithium1330
Racer

Thanks for the complements mdrob! You have a very nice car as well, and excellent choice in color combo, if I may say so myself. Back when I lived in NY, I also wasn't a fan of tinted windows. But since moving to S. FL, I can't imagine owning a car without it. They do such a great job cutting down glare, heat and probably most importantly UV. So, this time around I got tint on all my windows + the windshield. If you are incline to the darker color tints, you should find a shop that does the 3M crystalline tint - which is what I have on the windshield. Google and you'll find picture of it. By the way, 35% on my car isn't bad at all. It just looks darker due to the black roof and interior. In fact, if you look at one of the pictures, you can actually see through the back window as well.

Anyways, I am jealous of the interior options you have on your car. I really wish I have the sport steering wheel and sport seats. I sat in those on a RS60.., boy I really want them. The only interior option I have on my car are the alcantara brake and gear lever. Here is an interior shot:

Enjoy your new ride as well!
Old 09-08-2009, 11:18 PM
Mabuhay
Racer

If you are incline to the darker color tints, you should find a shop that does the 3M crystalline tint - which is what I have on the windshield.
Doesn't this drop the Valentine 1's effectiveness?
Old 09-09-2009, 01:43 AM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Thanks for the complements mdrob! You have a very nice car as well, and excellent choice in color combo, if I may say so myself. Back when I lived in NY, I also wasn't a fan of tinted windows. But since moving to S. FL, I can't imagine owning a car without it. They do such a great job cutting down glare, heat and probably most importantly UV. So, this time around I got tint on all my windows + the windshield. If you are incline to the darker color tints, you should find a shop that does the 3M crystalline tint - which is what I have on the windshield. Google and you'll find picture of it. By the way, 35% on my car isn't bad at all. It just looks darker due to the black roof and interior. In fact, if you look at one of the pictures, you can actually see through the back window as well.

Anyways, I am jealous of the interior options you have on your car. I really wish I have the sport steering wheel and sport seats. I sat in those on a RS60.., boy I really want them. The only interior option I have on my car are the alcantara brake and gear lever. Here is an interior shot:

Enjoy your new ride as well!
Yes I have a PSE on order now but am thinking of the Fabspeed one instead. May have to leave on business/work before I can do either so may have to put this mod on hold for a minute. Any thoughts to exhaust mods?
Old 09-09-2009, 02:31 AM
lithium1330
Racer

Doesn't this drop the Valentine 1's effectiveness?
according to 3M, the crystalline film is not metalized and will not affect radio freq, sat-nav, sun-pass/speedpass units. Hence, i assume this film should affect the V1 range no more than say regular windows tint. I will be wiring up the V1 this weekend, and will post back if it does degrade the effectiveness of V1.
Old 10-30-2009, 10:58 AM
beemreatr
Instructor

Very nice!

Quick Reply: Finally got my Boxster S home!!