Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trade with Cayman S?

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2009, 01:35 PM
arr0gant
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Trade with Cayman S?

Selling my car and considering Cayman S as my next car. What do you guys think?

I currently have an 08 M3 Sedan with every single option. I owned a 2001 Turbo before it, as well as a 2002 C4S before it. A Boxster S before that, then a Boxster.

I'd love opinions from people who own the Cayman S. I've already driven one and I loved it, maybe more than the several 997C2S's I drove. That said, my car is amazing and I love it as well. It just does everything SO well, as well as being SO comfortable and all the bells/whistles.
Old 06-29-2009, 04:11 PM
elh0102
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have driven several new M3's, and owned an '06 997S. Compared to the M3, the handling feel of the CS is more pleasing to me, as is the braking and steering, although the M3 is very good in all these categories. The test numbers would put the cars about even I expect, with the BMW's hp an obvious advantage. I guess it is due to the Cayman's significant weight advantage that it is able to so well against more powerful cars. But, my last car was a C6 ZO6, so I guess was corrupted by its power. Hard call. If you need a sedan, you have a very good one. If your premium is the overall communication of the car, the Cayman wins.

Quick Reply: Trade with Cayman S?