Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thinking of Leasing a new Boxster

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2009, 01:05 PM
WizPorsche944
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Thinking of Leasing a new Boxster

I am thinking about leasing a brand new 2009 Boxster. How good are Porsche's leasing plans ? Can I buy the car at the end of the lease ? I have never leased a car before and want to get all the questions answered before diving into a lease.

Thanks !
Old 04-21-2009, 01:13 PM
WizPorsche944
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Also what are the best options to get ?
Old 04-21-2009, 10:15 PM
hikejohn
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been looking to get a Porsche....dealers talk about discounts and mention great lease rates...but once I make a decision it seems like they focus on changing the deals....add ons and then less good finance deals....so perhaps you are better off finding used one and getting your own money
Old 04-22-2009, 09:02 AM
RonCT
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I think about a week ago somebody posted a question about the best options. If you page through or use the search function I think you'll find plenty of opinions on popular options. I picked up a CPO Boxster S for my wife and kids and I didn't really care about options, it's all about the car. 18" wheels are the superior choice for ride quality, I don't care about navigation, power seats, etc.
Old 04-22-2009, 09:29 AM
jk335
Instructor

Originally Posted by WizPorsche944
I am thinking about leasing a brand new 2009 Boxster. How good are Porsche's leasing plans ? Can I buy the car at the end of the lease ? I have never leased a car before and want to get all the questions answered before diving into a lease.

Thanks !

The lease deals are really great right now. Best I have seen in all the years I have followed the Boxster.

I'd pack one up as fully loaded as you can and shoot them a low price. Might be surprised at what you find. PM me and I can give you details on my lease and terms.
Old 04-22-2009, 10:38 AM
Bartmack
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I've always ordered my cars whether I lease or buy, and typically they arrive in 2-3 months max-- EXCEPT Porsche.. it took 7 months for my RS60 Spyder, so if you're planning to order the sooner you get started the better. You may be able to modify a dealer car already on order to your personal tastes.

Also, it doesn't hurt to begin a conversation with a salesman, and if possible ask a few local Porsche owners who they recommend you begin talking to.

Sales are so slow now that if you have the ability to go slow you can probably work an excellent deal out..

Bart
Old 05-19-2009, 03:12 AM
rankoslavujevic
7th Gear

Just came back from dealer that sold me my 05 Boxter S, I am negotiating price on a, still new, 08 RS60 Spyder. So far they are at $10 000 under MSRP and it looks like I'll be able to knock off another $3000 below that
Old 05-19-2009, 09:41 AM
Bartmack
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Just remember that even though the one you are looking at is still new- the model has been on the road for over a year now... so once you drive away it will be a 1+ year old used car!

Check ebay and nada.com and compile a list of current prices. I've seen several on ebay with only a few k miles on them for sale. It may help your negotiations!

Good luck- it's a spectacular car. I love mine!
Old 05-19-2009, 12:33 PM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

Originally Posted by Bartmack
Just remember that even though the one you are looking at is still new- the model has been on the road for over a year now... so once you drive away it will be a 1+ year old used car!

Check ebay and nada.com and compile a list of current prices. I've seen several on ebay with only a few k miles on them for sale. It may help your negotiations!

Good luck- it's a spectacular car. I love mine!

Huh? The 2009 boxster has only been on the road for a couple of months? Are you smoking sumzing or vhut?

Ebay and NADA aren't going to help you you bastids! Just ask around Rennlist, find a reputable dealer and make an offer on car you like. That's how you get your very best deal.

Knuckleheads. LOL
Old 05-19-2009, 12:44 PM
Alfie
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Rennlist Member

Yea, i'm pretty sure there are a couple dealers around here who have pretty good reputations and reasonable pricing... not sure who though....
Old 05-19-2009, 02:10 PM
THXBABE
Instructor

NADA and KBB prices don't seem to accurate these days because of the market. I wouldn't rely on them

Go to Edmunds or similar sites and get educated on how leases work and what to negotiate. Never negotiate the monthly payment! You want to negotiate the actual sales price of the car, just as you would a purchase. Then there are the residual value, money factor etc etc.

Most leases allow you to buy the car at the end of the lease.

Best way to check price is to start calling around and visiting dealers. See what they have, what options you like and gauge their willingness to deal.
Old 05-19-2009, 02:51 PM
pdxjim
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Having just traded in my 05 S (5 speed) on an 09 S, I got and love: PDK, navigation (BIG improvement over old nav). Rest of options are up to you. I have a dedicated race car for the track so don't need the other performance do dahs. BTW, just love the new car!
Old 05-19-2009, 03:10 PM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

Originally Posted by Alfie
Yea, i'm pretty sure there are a couple dealers around here who have pretty good reputations and reasonable pricing... not sure who though....
Me. For one.

that was a LayUp if I ever saw one.................gett'n sloooooooow in yer old age Alfie!!
Old 05-19-2009, 04:02 PM
Alfie
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Rennlist Member

yea, I guess I was too busy helping potential customers get educated on the virtues of Porsche, and leasing specifically, to be aware of your lurking awesomeness

Get back to work, slacker....
Old 05-20-2009, 12:23 AM
Carreralicious
Rennlist Member

Received 753 Likes on 406 Posts

Originally Posted by Likemystoppie?
Huh? The 2009 boxster has only been on the road for a couple of months? Are you smoking sumzing or vhut?

Ebay and NADA aren't going to help you you bastids! Just ask around Rennlist, find a reputable dealer and make an offer on car you like. That's how you get your very best deal.

Knuckleheads. LOL
Maybe he was referring to ranko's post about going for an 08 RS60. That one has been out for over a year already.

Quick Reply: Thinking of Leasing a new Boxster