Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CAYMAN loaner

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2009 | 11:26 AM
Flagg
Racer

Default CAYMAN loaner

Hi,

I took my RSA into the dealership for a yearly service. They surprised me by giving me a Cayman as a loaner. I love everything I read about this car, but had never driven one. It is AWESOME!

There was no owner's manual in the car. I have this car for the day I believe. Two questions:

1) How do you control the stopwatch that sticks up in the middle of the dash??? It would be cool to try it!

2) Is there a button on lever that releases the fuel cover (come to think of it, I did not see if I can just push the actual fuel cover......)

Thanks,

Flagg
Old 03-24-2009 | 12:36 PM
Jake951
Addict
Rennlist Member

If the car is unlocked, push on the front part of the fuel filler cover to open it. The "stopwatch" is part of the Sport Chrono package, which I don't have on my Cayman, so I can't help there.
Old 03-24-2009 | 12:41 PM
Driver8
Rennlist Member

to operate the stop watch you have to use the lower stalk on the left hand side of the steering wheel. Push up or down to scroll through the options. Pull towards or push away to start / stop the clock.
Old 03-24-2009 | 03:23 PM
Flagg
Racer

COOL! THANKS! I will try all this.

I am still happy with my RS America - BUT - if I was in the market for a new Porsche today - I would SERIOUSLY consider a Cayman over a 911. It seems so practical for every day. Especially with the hatchback and HUGE front trunk.......

Flagg

Quick Reply: CAYMAN loaner