Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

For the Boxster S Gang -Car Pronno! :D

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2009, 12:05 PM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking For the Boxster S Gang -Car Pronno! :D

Guys. I gotta say. If there was ever an arguement to NOT get a 911. She's here.

We have a Boxster S that's going around at the autoshows; And I'm in love.

Speed Yellow Boxster S with Carrera Sport Wheels. Drooooooooool.

In the meantime; here's our Launch Car. Me likey!!! 1
Attached Images      
Old 02-26-2009, 12:10 PM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

Default more pronno

for your viewing pleasure.

* I officially love Aqua Blue.*

(i'm such a porsche *****, arne't i? )
Attached Images    
Old 02-26-2009, 11:56 PM
acadian_dad
Rennlist Member

nice - what's that little bump on the soft top cover ?
Old 02-27-2009, 12:18 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,764 Likes on 2,361 Posts

stoppie,

the screen in the ctr console, is that an option or do ALL 2009 porsche come with that now?
Old 02-27-2009, 12:01 PM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

Originally Posted by acadian_dad
nice - what's that little bump on the soft top cover ?

XM radio ant.

Originally Posted by mooty
stoppie,

the screen in the ctr console, is that an option or do ALL 2009 porsche come with that now?
Mooty, you mean the PCM screen you mean??
Old 02-28-2009, 02:13 AM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Likemystoppie?
XM radio ant.

Mooty, you mean the PCM screen you mean??
yes, PCM screen.
is that standard on all cayman s ?
Old 03-01-2009, 10:29 AM
Cpa4S
Three Wheelin'

the screen is standard - but nav etc is still option. just means you can get nav later without taking out the unit. much like they do with Gen 1 997's.
Old 03-01-2009, 12:47 PM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Cpa4S
the screen is standard - but nav etc is still option. just means you can get nav later without taking out the unit. much like they do with Gen 1 997's.
thank u
Old 03-01-2009, 05:49 PM
tinman
Rennlist Member

I would skip on the NAV, I have it, it's not that easy to use. the updates cost as much as a Garmin, I think $299, and then they want $199 to do the update for you, which I believe involves swapping three discs in the front trunk, where the unit resides, easy access, like they think my wallet is....you could use the money for other options....just my opinion, I have to watch my $$$ unlike some other Porsche owners, dang, wrong side of the tracks... I just looked up and the picture of Mooty's car...I think all you need is the light bar, and you can have slickest CHP car there is....as for the pix of likemystoppies's sweet blue car, doesn't it make the cayman in the background look sad.....that's sharp, I gotta wash my car more often. Just washed my R32, will do the interior after the Laker game......
Old 03-01-2009, 11:54 PM
acadian_dad
Rennlist Member

XM radio ant.
is right - is that barnacle always there or can you choose to not have XM in order to avoid it (eg. a delete XM option) ?
Old 03-02-2009, 12:33 AM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

Originally Posted by tinman
I would skip on the NAV, I have it, it's not that easy to use. the updates cost as much as a Garmin, I think $299, and then they want $199 to do the update for you, which I believe involves swapping three discs in the front trunk, where the unit resides, easy access, like they think my wallet is....you could use the money for other options....just my opinion, I have to watch my $$$ unlike some other Porsche owners, dang, wrong side of the tracks... I just looked up and the picture of Mooty's car...I think all you need is the light bar, and you can have slickest CHP car there is....as for the pix of likemystoppies's sweet blue car, doesn't it make the cayman in the background look sad.....that's sharp, I gotta wash my car more often. Just washed my R32, will do the interior after the Laker game......

tinman-

you're referring to PCM 2.1- which uses ONE disc, and you can buy an update via ebay if you wish. Doesn't need anything but your pointing finger to push the eject button.

The new PCM 3.0 is harddrive based. Updates are downloaded and the new navigation is a PEICE OF CAKE.

that having been said, I'm not so sure I'd spring for the navi. And just throw a Garmin unit or whatever up when I wanted one.

Originally Posted by acadian_dad
is right - is that barnacle always there or can you choose to not have XM in order to avoid it (eg. a delete XM option) ?

Yes, if you decided to pass on the XM you avoid it.
Old 03-02-2009, 05:22 AM
tinman
Rennlist Member

likemystoppie,
mine is a 2006 S, I thought my system was the 2.1, I'll look later, regardless, I'll probably upgrade even though I will use a Garmin which I have and keep updated, cuz it has the MSN data for traffic and somewhat current shopping, food and gas, I originally bought it 2 years back for a Euope trip but I boought he 680 when I needed the 670 which does Europe....... I think when I needed the ....and it took 3 discs and it took Porsche an effort to supply the disks and the manuals, the dealership dropped the ball on that one....Yeah, I know the disc swapping would be a breeze....I will say this about the Porsche nav system and probably some of the newer portables, you can switch from a woman's voice to a male's voice....In my VW R32 it was kinda hard to get the nav directions to come in at a resonable volume in relation to music volume.....I have it down now, and no I did not read the manual.....I never do, it's a syndrome.

howard....

IMHO...speed yellow is a color that people don't apprececiate at first, but it;s kinda cool....me, I stick to the basics silver (GT), greys and white.....
Old 03-02-2009, 04:32 PM
vitaminC
Rennlist Member

Received 153 Likes on 92 Posts

Speed Yellow Boxster S with Carrera Sport Wheels. Drooooooooool.
Got pics??? Why aren't there more "colored" pcars on the road? Silver/black/gray is pretty dull after a while... IMHO.
Old 03-02-2009, 05:40 PM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

Originally Posted by vitaminC
Got pics??? Why aren't there more "colored" pcars on the road? Silver/black/gray is pretty dull after a while... IMHO.
No pics; but I'll snag some when I work the autoshow for ya.

You wanna know why there's so many grey's and blacks? Cos we're turning into wimps!!
Old 03-02-2009, 06:09 PM
tinman
Rennlist Member

I think people stick to silver/black/greys/white....because it's playing it safe....sometimes a car color is very popular especially at first sight, but then after time I grow disenchanted with it....it's with car styles as well, sometimes you see something and it looks kinda wierd, but afterawhile it's ok...for example, IMHO, the Chris Bangle BMW cars...the 7 series when it first came out was kinda strange looking....but now, it's a standard, sharp looking car....one more comment, on the BMW 6 series, that convertible top on it is ugly!!!! It looks like someone drove down to TJ and said "do me one up"....Now that they have flip-topped the Z4, which I did not like at first, maybe they'll fliptop the 6....a friend of mine at work has the Z4 M, in WHITE, and it is sharp!!! The market was into greenish cars, brownish cars, metallic-sand colored cars....but in time, I'll look at my GT Silver and think..."hmmmm...Porsche" IMHO.

Thank you for reading my opinion if you did,

H.

Quick Reply: For the Boxster S Gang -Car Pronno! :D