Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)

'09 Boxster S vs '09 991 cab ??

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2011 | 03:40 AM
awai08
Advanced

Originally Posted by bbbradley
...the Boxster S is more attainable and will outrun most cars on the road. I hope to sell the Miata someday soon and move up the ladder.
Yeah, what's really the kicker is the fact that the so-called "girl's Porsche" now outruns about three-quarters of all cars on the road. Talk about the ultimate sleeper car...
Old 06-24-2011 | 07:16 AM
bbbradley
Advanced

Originally Posted by awai08
Yeah, what's really the kicker is the fact that the so-called "girl's Porsche" now outruns about three-quarters of all cars on the road. Talk about the ultimate sleeper car...
I drive a Miata as my summer toy, you think I can't manage to deal with people who think I drive a girly car? So long as I like it and my wife likes it, I am really not all that concerned with what others think.
Old 07-16-2011 | 01:56 PM
DLJ
Racer

Originally Posted by awai08
I thoroughly enjoyed this thread, even though it's 2 years old! I went through a similar process when deciding on an open-top Porsche in 2007, except without as great a tortured conscience about the snob factor. Indeed, folks familiar with just the Porsche moniker (including some car folk) -and less involved in the particular driving experiences -will repeatedly say "only a 911 will do."

That said, there's no denying that the 987S is the more dynamically involving car. And regarding aesthetic-related options, I built mine with all the goodies I would have wanted in a Carrera S, i.e. PASM (lowers the car by 10mm) & 19" wheels w/ 5mm spacers. Normal folk have only compliments.

And yes, Porsche does have a marketing vs. performance conundrum in their hands re. the 911 and Boxster/Cayman. No worries, as I'm sure they're making money in both directions.
I'm curious if you have any pics of your car to share?
Old 07-16-2011 | 05:43 PM
Polarporsche
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Contadino
I have a 2005 Boxster S that I bought new. Now after 6 years I was thinking of "upgrading" to a 911 cab. Test drove an '08. Wow, big disappointment. Driver feedback and fun factor was totally absent. I was so happy to get back in the Boxster! After doing some more research, it seems that we need to go to a GT3 to make an improvement over the Boxster S. Pricey though.
I couldn't agree more, the Boxster is a great car and the Spyder is up there with the best Porsche production sports cars ever.
Old 07-20-2011 | 03:53 AM
awai08
Advanced

Originally Posted by DLJ
I'm curious if you have any pics of your car to share?
Sure. Here's a recent pic of my car at a stop just off Hwy 1, north of San Louis Obispo, CA. Sorry 'bout the 5 minute photoshop (the fog on the horizon was real; the "geyser" coming from the windscreen was not). ...Absolutely beautiful was the day!
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: '09 Boxster S vs '09 991 cab ??