Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2006 boxster s sports package

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2008, 11:50 PM
gapbound
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 boxster s sports package

Hello, I'm a new member and just picked up a 2006 boxster s, it says it came with the sports package, whats included in the sports package?
Old 12-24-2008, 11:09 AM
00r101
Racer

To the best of my knowledge there was no such thing as a "sports package" in '06. Maybe they mean some other option. First possibility is the Sport-Chrono. Sport-chrono is basically two things:

1) A stopwatch in the center of the dashboard
2) A Sport button next to the spoiler button. The sport button changes throttle mappong and increases the thresholds of the stability management and ABS.

The option sold for ~$1000 and is not important to the enjoyment of the car but might be worthwhile if you plan to track or autocross the car.

Another possibilitiy is PASM (Porsche Active Suspension Management) This option can be identified by a button near the spoiler button with a shock absorber icon on it. PASM gives computer control over shock damping. It can make the car both smoother and stiffer. It cost ~$2000. When equipped with PASM the suspension is set at 10mm lower from the factory and base Boxsters with PASM use Boxster S springs.
Old 12-26-2008, 05:57 PM
RonCT
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I think traditionally, the "S" model is considered the sport model. So I've seen non-Porschephiles say "Sports Package" when they are referring to the "S" model. The S gives you many upgrades, such as brakes, engine, 6 vs. 5 speed manual, wheels / tires, etc.
Old 12-29-2008, 10:08 AM
wbgordon
Racer

I think as mentioned earlier here, Porsche's definition of "sports package" would include the chrono as well as the switches on the dash that allow you to stiffen the suspension and improve throttle response.

Quick Reply: 2006 boxster s sports package