Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Back aches driving my new Boxster S -- I may have to dump the car

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2008, 11:15 AM
buckwheat987
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good news about the cushions working.
Old 01-01-2009, 11:42 PM
equ
Racer

wbg, I'm so happy to hear that. Don't forget the exercises, stretches etc. (my favorite these days is the foam roller, just releases your legs/knees)

Which one did you get memory or regular?
Old 01-02-2009, 11:05 AM
wbgordon
Racer

Originally Posted by equ
wbg, I'm so happy to hear that. Don't forget the exercises, stretches etc. (my favorite these days is the foam roller, just releases your legs/knees)

Which one did you get memory or regular?
Thanks, Equ. I'm doing all the stretches -- emphasis on loosening the piriformis muscle to take pressure off the sciatic nerve -- and I'm crossing my fingers. I bought two seat cushions online from AutoSport -- a gel pac and and memory foam cushion pictured below -- and stacked them on top of each other. Couldn't have cost more than $90.00 sum total. The idea is to raise the hips to more level with the knees to minimize hip torque. The result has been dramatic.

Name:  Wedge Cushion.jpg
Views: 313
Size:  41.1 KB

Name:  Gel Cushion.jpg
Views: 316
Size:  3.4 KB
Old 01-07-2009, 11:36 AM
gabbagabbahey
Advanced

Glad they are working, much cheaper than buying a new seat and maybe even more effective. Plus you can move them to other cars if need be.

I am thinking of getting one of these for stretching in case my back flairs up again:

http://www.comfortchannel.com/prod.itml/icOid/4855,

Old 01-12-2009, 11:03 PM
wbgordon
Racer

Originally Posted by gabbagabbahey
Glad they are working, much cheaper than buying a new seat and maybe even more effective. Plus you can move them to other cars if need be.

I am thinking of getting one of these for stretching in case my back flairs up again:

http://www.comfortchannel.com/prod.itml/icOid/4855,

Hey, you come up with some great stuff for the back. I'm also considering an inversion table. BTW, hate to say it but since my last post my left hip has begun aching when I drive the 987S. Not as bad as the earlier trouble but bothersome nonetheless. Guess I'll just keep stretching and hoping.
Old 01-12-2009, 11:56 PM
Shane D
Pro

Originally Posted by wbgordon
Hey, you come up with some great stuff for the back. I'm also considering an inversion table. BTW, hate to say it but since my last post my left hip has begun aching when I drive the 987S. Not as bad as the earlier trouble but bothersome nonetheless. Guess I'll just keep stretching and hoping.
Make sure you buy a good quality table, if you go that way. There are a lot of cheapies out there. If you are hanging upside down or close to it and something snaps you could get a broken neck!
Teeter hang Ups are great quality and you can usually find their cheapest model on the Home Shopping Network now and then.
http://www.teeterhangups.com/home.html

Quick Reply: Back aches driving my new Boxster S -- I may have to dump the car