Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Greetings from Germany

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2008, 12:26 PM
Porsche-Jeck
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Smile Greetings from Germany

Hi all, just a quick hello from a Rennlist newbie
While browsing the forum I already spotted some usernames which seem familiar to me
Some info about me and my car: bought my first Porsche (987S) in Spring 06 and never had so much fun with a car - just love it

Shortly after catching the P-bug caught the track bug also - seems to be inevitable if you want to use these cars for what they're made for...

While the wifey uses the Boxey as her daily driver I'm enjoying the car in it's natural habitat on the weekends (during the summer season it uses to sniff at the holy tarmac of the Nürburging-Nordschleife - yet another addiction...)

No, it's not a garage queen - 57k km in 27 months (thereof about 2 tkm track duty) and yet no probs at all (apart from a minor bug with the CD player)

Boxey (3.2) in Sealgrey is fitted with the driving fun options (19" Carrera S wheels, PASM, SC, Shortshifter, Sport Seats, Sport steering wheel) as well with some luxo gadgets (full leather Cocoa, rear center console in ext. colour, silver seatbelts, sunvisors in leather, seat heating, alu exhaust tips, Xenons, PDC).

Looking forward to share experiences and opinions with you all and I'll try to attach some eye candy - enjoy
Attached Images       
Old 06-19-2008, 04:56 PM
tetzlafh
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey PJ, nice to see you here.

Rennlist is one of "the" sites to be but of course it's more true to the air-cooled cars Either way enjoy your stay!
Old 06-19-2008, 06:35 PM
Porsche-Jeck
Instructor

Hey bud - thanks for the warm welcome. Looking forward to meet you at the Green Hell again. I'm just having a cold Bitburger after the great match vs. Portugal
Will look up the Rennlist aircooled boards - I love the aircooled babies
Old 06-19-2008, 09:47 PM
Renn 951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome! Screw the aircooled forums - if you're a track junkie, check out the "Racing" forum under the "Performance & Competition" group in addition to the Boxster forums.

Old 06-20-2008, 01:07 PM
Porsche-Jeck
Instructor

Originally Posted by Renn 951
if you're a track junkie, check out the "Racing" forum under the "Performance & Competition" group in addition to the Boxster forums.
Thanks - I'll do that for sure
Old 06-21-2008, 11:41 AM
master_jcp
Instructor

Hey, are you from D`dorf?
Old 06-21-2008, 04:18 PM
Porsche-Jeck
Instructor

Originally Posted by master_jcp
Hey, are you from D`dorf?
Yep
Old 06-23-2008, 06:10 PM
Irishdriver
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Next Sunday in Stuttgart !!!

www.vgs-slalom.de
Old 06-25-2008, 07:03 PM
Meister Fahrer
Three Wheelin'

That's a great picture, like a Porsche Postkarte!

Congrats to Germany on beating Turkey in Fussball!
Old 06-26-2008, 10:46 AM
Porsche-Jeck
Instructor

Originally Posted by Meister Fahrer
That's a great picture, like a Porsche Postkarte!

Congrats to Germany on beating Turkey in Fussball!
Hi Meisterfahrer (nice username - somehow reminds me of Walter Röhrl ) - thanks for the compliment and the congrats Can't wait for the final next Sunday...

@ Irishdriver: I've no experience with Slalom competitions, though I guess the midengined Porsches must be very good at it - have fun in Stuttgart
I'll be off to the 'Ring again and Slalom is not exactly helpful over there
Old 06-27-2008, 09:40 AM
Irishdriver
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Porsche-Jeck
........Slalom is not exactly helpful over there

Now this is just not true !!

Slaloms (or Autocross as our US friends call them) are a very good way of finding out where the limits of both driver and car are. And it is a lot less expensive than finding out on the ring.

I know as I have proven that the ring is not wide enough in my checkered past

The main problem is that when you first do slaloms you are way behind the guys who are experienced and can get the maximum from their cars straight away. At the ring you have 15 mins to average out errors, in a slalom you have 1.5 mins to get exactly right or look slow.

Come by any of the events or even better the training evenings near Stuttgart and you'll see the fun we have.
Old 06-27-2008, 12:03 PM
Porsche-Jeck
Instructor

Originally Posted by Irishdriver
Now this is just not true !!
Slaloms (or Autocross as our US friends call them) are a very good way of finding out where the limits of both driver and car are. And it is a lot less expensive than finding out on the ring.
No doubt about that - I'm sure it's an excellent way to learn mastering a car at the limit and one should make oneself familiar with these limits before going to the 'Ring. I prepared myself by doing some DEs (Porsche Sport Driving School) and drift trainings as well. What I was trying to say by the "not helpful" remark was that you shouldn't try to drive on Nordschleife in Autocross style The only cones are right after the entrance gate and they are meant to slow cars down not to be circled

I know as I have proven that the ring is not wide enough in my checkered past
Sorry to hear, but I know the armcos are magnetic..... In the high season I almost can't recall a single lap without spotting at least one car hitting the armco.

Come by any of the events or even better the training evenings near Stuttgart and you'll see the fun we have.
Would love to do that, but Stuttgart is not exactly around the corner - 320 km or so. Maybe I can fit it into my itinerary when I head south the next time.

May I ask whether you've somehow "modded" your car for the Autocross competitions (which tires ?, suspension adjustments ?)

Enjoy the weekend

Quick Reply: Greetings from Germany