Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealer Discount on New Cayman

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2008, 07:20 PM
gerrygug
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dealer Discount on New Cayman

What % discount off of MSRP are 08 Cayman's selling for?
I would be interested in knowing how hard you had to negotiate to make your deal.
Old 04-24-2008, 08:04 PM
CP
Race Director

Received 334 Likes on 239 Posts

Gerry,

When I was buying my Cayman in January 2007, Sonnen was willing to go $1k above invoice for a car on the ground. I eventually bought at Pioneer Centre Porsche in San Diego (also $1k over invoice) because they had the exact car that I wanted.

I believe if you find a car that is exactly what you want, and will pull the trigger, you can get it for invoice these days. I have heard of east coast dealers going $1.5k BELOW invoice, but the shipping will equalize the deal.

When I was shopping, I sent an e-mail to all the Internet sales manager telling them what I wanted (color, options etc.) and how much I was willing to pay ($1k over invoice in my case). I had 5 replies. Two actually had cars fitting the description and selling at my price. I picked Pioneer as it was my color of first choice.

Good luck.

CP
Old 04-25-2008, 12:16 PM
gerrygug
Instructor

Thanks CP!
Old 04-30-2008, 05:55 PM
Croc
1st Gear

Gerry:

I basically got an S for the price of a base Cayman and it was exactly what I built on Porsche's site except it was an S and had Sport Design wheels. Essentially, I got the car for dealer invoice (about -$9K from sticker). It was a 2008 they had on the lot for a while and wanted to move. The salesman said to us "The manager may make you a really good offer" and he was right!

Best regards,
Steve
Old 05-01-2008, 01:11 PM
bgsntth
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

I was talking to my sales gent at Sonnen, and I can confirm CP's advice. I do not think invoice to $500 over is out of line.

Quick Reply: Dealer Discount on New Cayman