Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cary/Apex/Pittsboro, NC Coffee and Bagels

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2008, 12:06 AM
rotokim
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Cary/Apex/Pittsboro, NC Coffee and Bagels

I just noticed that the Chicago folks are getting together, and that reminded me to once again invite anyone who is interested to our Saturday morning coffee and bagels at the Bean & Bagel in Apex. Here's a link to their website.

Bean and Bagel Cafe
www.beanandbagelcafe.com

Right now, it's a few 996 owners and a Boxster S owner. We've also enjoyed time with a Porsche Pete's Boxster Board member. So, I hope you'll join us too. We usually hang out from 7:30 to 10:00 am. We eat, drink, talk and gawk...at the Porsches.

Disclaimer - This is not a PCA function and should not be confused with the Brier Creek PCA Koffee Klatch that also takes place on Saturday mornings. We also like that function, but sometimes feel like staying 'round the neighborhood.
Old 04-17-2008, 01:53 AM
rotokim
Burning Brakes

Just a reminder to anyone that's interested that we're getting together on Saturday morning at the Bean & Bagel in Apex.

I met a great guy in my neighborhood today (John Mitcheson) who owns a red Boxster, and he's planning to join us if the weather holds out.

My plan is to bring a proposed map for the Saturday drive idea. Hopefully, we'll leave with a date and a travel path.

Also, I met another Porsche owner (Bill Collins - Black 993 Cabriolet) who told me about a friend of his at Roads Scholars - it might be fun to meet him and see his facility at some point in the future. Apparently, he deals in high-quality Porsches.

Lastly, the Carolinas region of the PCA has let their members know that our little group meets on Saturdays, for anyone who's local and interested.

See you on Saturday! Keep your fingers crossed for good weather.

Bob
Old 05-01-2008, 02:49 PM
rotokim
Burning Brakes

We had a great trip to VIR last weekend - 7 Porsche owners and 6 Porsches for a terrific day at the Rolex series.

This Saturday, I propose that we meet at the Bean & Bagel by 8:30 and drive over to Camille's as a group. It's the Italian Car Club weekend again.

Hope to see you there!

Bob
Old 05-03-2008, 10:53 PM
rotokim
Burning Brakes

It was a great morning. And it was great to meet Jack, Rich, Ash and Jackie.

Jack, thank you for driving for such a long time to get to our coffee/bagels gathering. It sounds like you had a great drive home. Enjoy that beautiful car! It's incredible. I still can't believe there's no dip stick for the oil!

Rich, I look forward to seeing you again at a future meeting in a couple weeks. Have fun at VIR with the Alfa Romeos!

Ash and Jackie - it was a pleasure to meet you both. Thank you for being the first of the 944 group to join us. I hope you'll join us again in the future. Good luck at the autocross tomorrow.

For those who weren't there, we started out at the Bean & Bagel in Apex. Charles, Rich, Jack, Ash and Jackie, Manil and I had great conversation.

Then, we drove as a group to Brier Creek for the PCA and Italian Car Club event. On the way, we met Kevin and his family. They drove with us on 540 in his yellow 1976 911. That may have been the highlight of the day - 5 Porsches rolling down the highway. It was beautiful, and it never gets old.

Here's the link to the photos:
http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=...localeid=en_US

Bob
Old 05-10-2008, 12:57 PM
rotokim
Burning Brakes

It was great to see everyone this morning - I forgot my camera , so no pics this week. However, we had a great turnout:

- There were 9 Porsche owners in total
- 1 Boxster
- 3 996's
- 2 911
- 2 997
- 1 Cayman S

The owners of the Bean & Bagel also thanked us for our patronage - not a common experience nowadays! Thanks, Christina and Kit!

We met 3 new people today and Bruce was back with us, albeit briefly. I can't say I blame him, because he and Martin and Jeff were headed for a PCA autocross event.

Welcome, Michael. He owns a black/black 1988 911 Carrera that is beautiful. We look forward to seeing you next week and the weeks to come.

Rich was there with his newly lowered 911 - it's ready for his run next week at VIR with the Alfa Romeo owners. Might be worth a run out to VIR next Saturday. He told me that we may be able to take a run on the track! Let me know if you're interested in going - I can be convinced.

Bob

Quick Reply: Cary/Apex/Pittsboro, NC Coffee and Bagels