Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Possible phone module retrofit with the PCM?

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2008, 06:59 PM
Mabuhay
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Possible phone module retrofit with the PCM?

Does anyone know if it's possible to retrofit phone module into the NAV/PCM so that I can make use of the phone features? Obviously, right now when I hit the TEL button, the NAV screen states that I don't have that feature. It didn't matter to me back then since I was running a non-GSM phone.

Now that I am running a GSM phone, I want to be able to put my SIM card into the slot per the Porsche description "Phone module for PCM allows users with a GSM phone to insert a SIM card and use the PCM as as hands-free telephone."

Of course, I assume that the "stealer" can do the above. But 1) I don't trust anyone working on the car 2) I don't want to get b*tt f**ked in the process of someone ruining the car. I've had way too many instances of panels not being put back together properly, missing screws, etc... I can't afford the mental "heartache" and would actually prefer to do the installation myself or at least supervise the installation.
Old 01-21-2008, 07:28 PM
Mabuhay
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Whoopss.... never mind... I had to "dig deeper" into searching only to find out that this is way too costly of an addition - about $1700 from the stealer and that the stealer is needed to do some additional "programming" that would otherwise not be available to me if I were to install it myself.

Old 01-21-2008, 08:36 PM
Eric - Plug Guy
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 194 Likes on 108 Posts

Order our Tooki unit and you should be all set. No SIM card, NO Porsche internal phone option, just PCM2 and the 'phone' button on the PCM.

And we're putting a group buy together right now too, so email me if you want to get in on that.

eric@bumperplugs.com

2022 GT3 Touring
2009 997 Turbo Cab
2018 M2 6sp

Gone but not forgotten
2004 C4S Cabriolet
1999 C2 Cab

Quick Reply: Possible phone module retrofit with the PCM?