Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TMS screwy

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2007, 09:50 PM
gerkebi
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TMS screwy

I can't get the tire pressure monitoring system warning light to go away. I've tested the pressure in all the tires very accurately, and it still insists I am down 4 pounds on the right rear tire. Doesn't make sense, if my gauge was wrong it would be wrong on all tires. And I've used two different gauges. Pressures are right, TMS is wrong.

Porsche's response? Go ahead and fill that tire up and make the light go away! In other words, we don't know what the hell to do so pump one tire up 4 pounds more than all the others. My dealer service writer and I both laughed out loud.

Anybody else have this problem?
Old 08-29-2007, 03:40 AM
mdkod
3rd Gear

Yes, I have the same problem. It's worse when you are on the track. TMS goes crazy. Nothing but flat tire warnings.
Old 08-29-2007, 08:32 AM
Bob Rouleau

Still plays with cars.
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 256 Likes on 119 Posts

Did you try and teach the TMS new settings? It worked for me although on track with lowered starting pressure it freaks out.
Old 08-29-2007, 09:17 AM
Budweiser
Advanced

Below brought from other forum.

Mine did the same **** yesterday. I added air and still could not clear message. After checking an old post from Sante Fe I went into the menu and re entered the tire size and type-winter/summer. There was a message indicating LEARNING. it lasted about 10 minutes and then cleared the error message and read the appoximate pressure. ( Not totally accurate acording to my 50.00 gauge from hutcherson pagan.) In any case I am convinced that this is the way to clear the error message. The dumbass local dealer said that I would need to bring the car in to reset the computer. The long term expets on this board know more than the dealers.
Old 08-30-2007, 10:37 AM
gerkebi
Instructor

Thanks, guys. I'll try that today. I did notice on the track the system is worthless, which I can live with, I just hate that stupid warning light being on all the time when I'm on the road.
Old 09-12-2007, 09:59 PM
gerkebi
Instructor

Originally Posted by Budweiser

Mine did the same **** yesterday. I added air and still could not clear message. After checking an old post from Sante Fe I went into the menu and re entered the tire size and type-winter/summer. There was a message indicating LEARNING. it lasted about 10 minutes and then cleared the error message and read the appoximate pressure.
I did that exact thing and it worked like a charm. Thanks, guys!
Old 09-13-2007, 01:31 AM
McGarrett
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had the same problem. I finally noticed that the pressures where below what was recommended on the door jam. It seemed that all tires were loosing pressure over a period of time.

After filling them back to the ( Door jam specs- 30 front and 37 rear) the problem went away.

2007 Cayman. 17" wheels.

Quick Reply: TMS screwy