Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Revo Software experience

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2007, 08:13 AM
morefun
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Revo Software experience

While at a DE at Lime Rock yesterday, Spencer from Farnbacher Loles downloaded the Revo program into my CS with Milltek cat-back on a (five engine hour) trial basis. Being skeptical about the benefits with software upgrades on NA engines I have to say that I was very surprised. Where two 996 GT3s previously pulled away from me on the short main straight, I was able to stay with them. Throttle response was much improved to the point where I had to re-program my right foot. What really got my attention was on the drive home from the track last night. Mind you this is subjective butt dyno stuff but the gains are real. Much faster response, faster away from stops, a fatter power curve across the board. Hammered as I was - I left the house to go to the track at 4:30 am, I grinned all the way home. Is it worth $1,000? That is tough to answer. The improvment is more in the driveability than raw power. The new found urgency really puts the edge on the knife. You have heard it before, but it's what the car should have felt like when it left the factory. When it reverts to the stock program it should be quite a contrast. I'll let you know... BTW I don't have Sport Crono.

Last edited by morefun; 04-28-2007 at 07:29 PM.
Old 04-28-2007, 06:49 PM
Chris R.
Rennlist Member

Received 59 Likes on 27 Posts

Thanks for sharing.
That's pretty cool that you can try it out and then decide if you like it enough to buy. I think that once the program reverts back to stock it might be interesting to get your views. Maybe do a couple of timed runs before and after!
Good luck.
Old 04-29-2007, 01:32 PM
Analog Theory
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris R.
Thanks for sharing.
That's pretty cool that you can try it out and then decide if you like it enough to buy. I think that once the program reverts back to stock it might be interesting to get your views. Maybe do a couple of timed runs before and after!
Good luck.
We are the REVO dealer for San Diego and can directly attest to the benefits of this upgrade. Our own Project X-51 Cayman 3.8 has a REVO tuned ECU. Our experience with this product overall has been very positive on all model.

I welcome any local Porsche owners to drop by for the same no obligation 5 hour test flash.

- Jordan
Old 04-30-2007, 10:30 AM
RonCT
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Hey Mark - it was great to meet you at the DE. Glad to hear you like the REVO. I touched base with FBL and am waiting to hear back from them regarding alignment and other upgrades for my car. I'll consider the REVO - it might make sense considering my AWE system...
Old 04-30-2007, 03:14 PM
Chris R.
Rennlist Member

Received 59 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Mind Over Motorsports
We are the REVO dealer for San Diego and can directly attest to the benefits of this upgrade. Our own Project X-51 Cayman 3.8 has a REVO tuned ECU. Our experience with this product overall has been very positive on all model.

I welcome any local Porsche owners to drop by for the same no obligation 5 hour test flash.

- Jordan
Thanks for the offer but it's going to be a loooooooong drive from my place (Montreal, Quebec) to SD for a 5 hour chip! Maybe someone local can offer the same?
Old 05-01-2007, 06:32 PM
morefun
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 7 Posts

Ron,

Enjoyed meeting you as well. That was a fun day. The Skip Barber coach (Rob) gave me some really neat insights. I learned more from him in 30 min. than than I'll be able to sucessfully incorporate this season. Well worth the $200 - better spent on the monkey behind the wheel than $1000 on making the car faster.

Cheers

Mark

Quick Reply: Revo Software experience