Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cayman sport seats

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2007, 08:14 PM
CDILL
Racer

Received 68 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Cayman sport seats

Has anyone here ordered the sport seats for their Cayman? I have been talking with the dealer and have been told they are available but, only in pieces and that you cannot buy the whole seat. I would love to get the part nubmer from someones invoice if they have done this. Thanks for the help
Old 04-12-2007, 11:56 AM
Dave DE
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just to clarify, are you looking to retrofit sport seats to a car you already have? If so, the dealer's response makes sense to me. It doesn't stop you from getting the seats, you'll just have to order a bunch of parts to get everything you need.
Old 04-12-2007, 05:28 PM
BrokeAss
Driver Carries No Cash
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by CDILL
Has anyone here ordered the sport seats for their Cayman? I have been talking with the dealer and have been told they are available but, only in pieces and that you cannot buy the whole seat. I would love to get the part nubmer from someones invoice if they have done this. Thanks for the help
I had this very discussion with the parts manager at Suncoast Porsche. No, you can not order sport seats over the counter from the dealership. They can be ordered in "sub-assemblies". If I recall the conversation correctly, there are five sub-assemblies you would need to purchase. All together, that brings the retail cost of the seats into the stupid money territory - about $5k EACH!
Old 04-12-2007, 05:29 PM
BrokeAss
Driver Carries No Cash
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Dave DE
Just to clarify, are you looking to retrofit sport seats to a car you already have? If so, the dealer's response makes sense to me. It doesn't stop you from getting the seats, you'll just have to order a bunch of parts to get everything you need.
....or buy mine for-sale in the classifieds section!

Quick Reply: Cayman sport seats