Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Retrofit OEM bi-xenons?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2007, 12:24 PM
bet
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Retrofit OEM bi-xenons?

Can the Porsche OEM bi-xenons be retrofitted into a 987 and/or Cayman? Not aftermarket HID but the Porsche parts. Any idea on cost or difficulty?
Old 03-29-2007, 02:56 PM
phaedrus242
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This, unfortunately, would be a rather huge undertaking. The headlight housings themselves need to be replaced, as well all the wiring harnesses and the front end control module. Additionally, there are sensors on the control arms for the level adjustment and wiring associated with them. I checked a couple part numbers and just the light and control modules will run you about $2500.00 list. This does not include the harnesses or any of the many hours of labor that would be necessary to do the job right.
Old 03-29-2007, 03:07 PM
bet
Drifting

Thanks. You have confirmed what I was able to piece together from other post. The background to the post was I found a very good deal on a Cayman S that essentially had every option I wanted except bi-xenons. I guess I will need to re-evaluate the deal with this in mind.
Old 03-30-2007, 05:56 PM
99firehawk
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

it could be done but plan on at leat 3k
Old 12-04-2009, 02:57 PM
Coedlan
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can make a simple mod to either the halogen car wiring, or the bi-xenon headlight, to make a bi-xenon healight work in an OE halogen headlight car (as well as the halogen headlights)

The auto levelling, is not operable as this needs a new wiring loom and level sensors on the supension?

Cost = purchase of xenon headlights plus a couple of £'s for Wurth electrical plug blades
Old 12-07-2009, 05:08 PM
bet
Drifting

Originally Posted by Coedlan
You can make a simple mod to either the halogen car wiring, or the bi-xenon headlight, to make a bi-xenon healight work in an OE halogen headlight car (as well as the halogen headlights)

The auto levelling, is not operable as this needs a new wiring loom and level sensors on the supension?

Cost = purchase of xenon headlights plus a couple of £'s for Wurth electrical plug blades
Can you give many any more details? Any links to where people have done this? Does this cause the error lamp that the bulb is burnt out like many of the other mods? Any information you can provide would be great.

Quick Reply: Retrofit OEM bi-xenons?