Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Well, I ordered my 2007 987S tonight!

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2007, 10:30 PM
Renn 951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Well, I ordered my 2007 987S tonight!

After doing a bunch of research on this forum over the last few months and working with several local dealers over the last two weeks, I struck the deal yesterday and signed the sales contract tonight:

2007 Boxster S
Atlas Grey Metallic with Black top
Terracotta Special Leather Interior
Upper Dash in Deviating Color - Black
Carpet in Deviating Color - Black
Rear Center Console Painted Exterior Color
Preferred Package Plus
19" Carrera Sport Wheels
PASM
Leather Sport Steering Wheel
Auto Climate Control
Porsche Windstop

Slotted for April production and May delivery. Pics will follow upon delivery!

Old 01-11-2007, 10:50 PM
Tedder Bear
Needs a Chuckle
Rennlist Member

Received 80 Likes on 33 Posts

Congrats. It sound great. Can't wait to see the pics....
Old 01-11-2007, 10:54 PM
ELUSIVE
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Congrats.
You'll love it.
Old 01-12-2007, 12:56 AM
mbodo
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First, congrats on the order!

Second - I hate to wait .. for a 987S, wouldn't it be fairly easy to find one just like that within a few hundred mile radius and have it shipped in?
Old 01-12-2007, 02:08 AM
SD987S
Intermediate

Sounds nice, I'm curious about your upper dash in black, I wasn't aware you could create a two-tone interior. How much extra is that? considering that terracotta and the black/grey two-tone are the same price.

I have the black/grey two-tone leather interior on mine, but would prefer the black/tan that's available on the 911 configurator, but not for the Boxster.
Old 01-12-2007, 02:33 AM
jrok
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Renn 951
...Leather Sport Steering Wheel
Is that the really thick fat one? I really wish I had the thicker wheel and the sport chrono. Oh, and many congratulations. May will be here in no time, just drink some beers and try to sleep for four months.
Old 01-12-2007, 04:45 AM
mauijim
Intermediate

Renn 951:
Congratulations! That will be a very beautiful and functional sport car.
I'm considering almost the same configuration as yours but in Meteor Grey. Do you know whether the upper dash in deviating color (code 25301) includes the steering wheel in black as well? The A-pillar? The door window sill (like the 997 terracotta/black option)? The 997 has option code 970 - Bicolor Interior Instructions; is there a similar option for the 987?
Thank you for any information you can give me or directing me to someone who knows.
Jim
(I've asked these questions of several dealers on the mainland as well as my "local" dealer, and so far, no one seems to know.)
Old 01-12-2007, 01:19 PM
Renn 951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mbodo
First, congrats on the order!

Second - I hate to wait .. for a 987S, wouldn't it be fairly easy to find one just like that within a few hundred mile radius and have it shipped in?

Thanks! There's a separate thread on here about the difficulty I've had finding any "dealer stock" cars with PASM. Seems like they tend to sit on the lot longer, and most dealers won't do their own orders with that option now. Plus, the color combo is pretty unique.

I don't mind waiting to get the car exactly as I want.

Old 01-12-2007, 01:26 PM
Renn 951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by SD987S
Sounds nice, I'm curious about your upper dash in black, I wasn't aware you could create a two-tone interior. How much extra is that? considering that terracotta and the black/grey two-tone are the same price.

I have the black/grey two-tone leather interior on mine, but would prefer the black/tan that's available on the 911 configurator, but not for the Boxster.
The upper dash in a contrasting color is $470 extra (option code 25301.) Contrasting carpet (option code 25071) is another $630.

This creates a defacto two-tone effect, but it's a little different than the standard two-tone Black/Grey 987 combo, or the three different two-tone combo's you can get on a 997. The steering wheel is in Terracotta, not Black, and the upper door surfaces are also Terracotta.

I've seen cars in full Terracotta and I find the "reddish" tone a bit overwhelming when all the leather and the carpet are that color. But I think it's going to look stunning with the contrasting colors (including the painted console.)

Old 01-12-2007, 01:29 PM
Renn 951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jrok
Is that the really thick fat one? I really wish I had the thicker wheel and the sport chrono. Oh, and many congratulations. May will be here in no time, just drink some beers and try to sleep for four months.
Thanks, Jerry! The wheel I ordered is the standard sport wheel with full smooth leather. The thicker one is about $300 more. I considered it, but I like the feel of the standard sport wheel well enough.

Old 01-12-2007, 01:35 PM
Renn 951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mauijim
Renn 951:
Congratulations! That will be a very beautiful and functional sport car.
I'm considering almost the same configuration as yours but in Meteor Grey. Do you know whether the upper dash in deviating color (code 25301) includes the steering wheel in black as well? The A-pillar? The door window sill (like the 997 terracotta/black option)? The 997 has option code 970 - Bicolor Interior Instructions; is there a similar option for the 987?
Thank you for any information you can give me or directing me to someone who knows.
Jim
(I've asked these questions of several dealers on the mainland as well as my "local" dealer, and so far, no one seems to know.)
Thanks! My dealer tells me the steering wheel is in the standard interior color, NOT the deviating color of the upper dash. The only combo for the Boxster similar to the 997 two-tone is the Black/Stone Grey. That has a Black Wheel and Black seats with Grey inserts, and the upper door panels are also Black. But my car will be a regularTerracotta interior with only the upper dash and the carpet deviating from that standard scheme.

Old 01-12-2007, 01:36 PM
paralizer
Instructor

Originally Posted by Renn 951
Thanks! There's a separate thread on here about the difficulty I've had finding any "dealer stock" cars with PASM. Seems like they tend to sit on the lot longer, and most dealers won't do their own orders with that option now. Plus, the color combo is pretty unique.

I don't mind waiting to get the car exactly as I want.

Speaking as one who waited 5 months for a car I can tell you, it is so worth the wait. I've had the joy of having the exact car I wanted for a year now, and that long wait has faded into memory. I know I'd be regretting it now if I had caved in and bought a car that was "close" to what I wanted. It can be tough but, like those of us who have gone before you, you'll survive the wait. Nice spec and Atlas Grey is a fantastic color. I think you will enjoy having PASM, I sure do. Happy trails in advance.
Old 01-12-2007, 01:40 PM
Renn 951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by paralizer
Speaking as one who waited 5 months for a car I can tell you, it is so worth the wait. I've had the joy of having the exact car I wanted for a year now, and that long wait has faded into memory. I know I'd be regretting it now if I had caved in and bought a car that was "close" to what I wanted. It can be tough but, like those of us who have gone before you, you'll survive the wait. Nice spec and Atlas Grey is a fantastic color. I think you will enjoy having PASM, I sure do. Happy trails in advance.

Thanks! I've also got PASM on the Cayenne S and I really like that feature.

Old 01-12-2007, 09:04 PM
Chris C.
Rennlist Member

Received 540 Likes on 284 Posts

Great color and feature choices! I like Terracotta when combined with black dash and mats....it will look awesome with the blue grey in the Atlas.

Happy waiting!
Old 01-12-2007, 09:53 PM
Renn 951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Thanks, Chris! I found this image of a Basalt exterior with Terracotta interior -- not exactly the same as what I ordered, but kind of close:

Quick Reply: Well, I ordered my 2007 987S tonight!