Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help with satellite radio installation

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2006, 05:16 PM
DonaldLL
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with satellite radio installation

I did a search but didn't find much detail....

I have an '06 Boxster with the Bose system so hard wiring Sirius satellite radio is not an option of course. I had Sirius hard wired in my previous car and I loved it. I thought I'd be OK without satellite radio but now I am willing to accept the FM modulated system. For me it's better to have something rather than nothing at this point.

Does anyone have an FM modulated satellite radio system installed? Can you tell me how/where it's installed? Where's your receiver, antenna, display, etc?

Thanks
Old 12-05-2006, 02:03 PM
mbodo
Racer

If you have PCM2.1 (the color screen) you can get Sirius or XM installed at the dealer (hardwired).

If you have the CDR24 I believe you are S.O.L.
Old 12-06-2006, 12:56 AM
DonaldLL
Intermediate

True, S.O.L for a hardwire installation but you can always use FM mod installation as long as you have FM radio. Has anyone done the hardwired version of the FM modulator? Where did you place your receiver, your antenna, and the display?
Old 01-10-2007, 09:03 PM
JENGLAND
Track Day

You can have the dealer install the XM or Sirius Cayenne sat retro fit kit into any 05 up 911, Boxster, Cayman with either PCM or CDR 24. It will work on both radios and works great. The kit is about $950.00 plus labor. Kinda of high but it is direct sound just like the cd changer and plus it is factory parts. We have done many of them in all the cars. Porsche just hasn't released one for the cars.
Old 01-10-2007, 10:24 PM
randyg
5th Gear

Default Part Number

I'm in the exact same position. I just purchased a 2006 Boxster with the Bose system. I was disappointed not to have a decent satellite radio option...but now am excited to read that maybe there is hope!

Is there a part number?

Quick Reply: Need help with satellite radio installation