Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sticking Clutch

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2006, 09:19 AM
RDL
Pro

Received 38 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Sticking Clutch

I have a friend who does a bit of D.E. events with his 06 Cayman S. Occasionally at the end of the session ( never during a session ), the clutch pedal will actuall stick to the floor and have to be pulled up about one inch where it will then "pop over center" and then be fine for quite a while. Sometimes this takes place while the vehicle is being parked after the session or at times when it is being put onto the trailer at the last clutch usage. My friend spoke with another D.E. participant that has the identical concern. We put an additional "helper" return spring on as a test. It did not help. Has anyone had this problem before and have any suggestions? This was a vehicle that had to have an early clutch replacement due to the loose bolt problem. We did attempt to bleed whatever air there was in the system. the problem still persisted after that. We even changed out the fluid for a higher quality fluid that is supposed to be more heat resistant.
Thanks
Old 12-01-2006, 02:23 PM
jacekm
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had such a problem after around 4000km. I took to dealer. it took them 3 days to make it work again. They said that some funnel (not sure if this is the right word ;-) /sleeve ?) was not oiled properly at the factory. The dealer said that Cayman is a new car and was not very, very well tested before going to production.
When I took the car to dealer - I was to go to the track next day - he adviced not to go to the track with this problem.
it's working now but I just made around 200km after the repair...

J.
Old 12-01-2006, 05:30 PM
Ernie J
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its a defective clutch slave, been there and replaced it. they leak, no pressure to push the pedal back up. Happened on my Cayman 1,500 miles.
Old 12-02-2006, 01:36 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,743 Likes on 2,352 Posts

my also had defective clutch slave, replace under warranty.
Old 12-02-2006, 11:49 AM
Chris 996
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would assume that the clutch problem is an easier fix than the RMS problem.

Quick Reply: Sticking Clutch