Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question for CHris C on Springs

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2006 | 01:13 PM
Miami987S
AutoX

Question Question for CHris C on Springs

CHris,

I want to ask you this question since your car is most similar to mine. I recently installed H&R springs (My car has PASM), Champion 19" RG5's and a Tubi exhaust. Did you have to take your car back a couple of times to get the alignment correct after doing the srings or did it drive perfectly straight. Some people have said that the car will feel like its pulling more when you add strings since it tracks more with the road direction. Even on perfectly straight highways I feel this thing kinda of go to the right. Did you have any other issues after lowering the car and how did you resolve them? I thought about doing sway bars but did not. Also do you have strut brace on both front and rear and what brand are they?

Thanks!

Chris
Attached Images  
Old 06-17-2006 | 08:45 PM
type987s
Instructor

I can't answer your question but where did you get the Tubi exhaust?

Steve
Old 06-17-2006 | 09:35 PM
Chris C.
Rennlist Member

Hi Miami - nice looking car! No issues with alignment, tramlining (i.e. following road surfaces) or pulling at all with my lowered car. The dealer did the install and is know for good alignments.

Other than about a 15% rougher ride and scraping those plastic fairing in front of the wheels, no downsides - the car is lower, wider, and sticks amazingly well on PS2s.

I posted the alignment settings on my first post, but without changing some hardware you likely have a very aggressive street alignment. I am monitoring tire wear, but at 3300 miles it's OK. The rears are wearing on the inner edge, so I need to get more high speed cornering going!

Your car should not pull under normal driving or under braking...that's an alignment prob.

How do you like your exhaust, and why did you change it - the OEM sound is pretty cool. ??
Old 06-20-2006 | 07:03 PM
Miami987S
AutoX

Originally Posted by type987s
I can't answer your question but where did you get the Tubi exhaust?

Steve
At Champion Motorsport in Pompano Beach FL. They will ship it to you.
Old 06-20-2006 | 07:07 PM
Miami987S
AutoX

I had the guys at Champion Motorsport do all the work. They aligned it as well. Maybe its not pulling too bad, but it feels like it might be a little. Are you saying that your car drives straight even on concave roads?
What do you mean by that I have a aggressive street alignment?
Can I get your alignment specs?
What brand strut brace do you have and what is your experience with it?

As for the Tubi, I love it. The throttle is more responsive and there is better low-end torque. The sound is amazing. kind of like a 911 with a little 360 modena thrown in at the upper revs. Its not obnoxious though. My wife even approved.
Old 06-21-2006 | 07:06 PM
Chris C.
Rennlist Member

Yes, my car drives straight - have not noticed any tramlining. Check your tire pressures.

Lowering the car alters your alignment to the more aggressive side - more negative camber in the rear unless you change the eccentrics - they are maxed out. Approx 2.8 degrees in rear, and 1.2 in front IIRC. If you search this board I've posted the specs before.

I have a Cargraphic front brace, purchased to help keep the car tight and rattle/cowl shake free on street track. Nice piece. I believe it works.

Have fun.
Old 06-22-2006 | 06:38 PM
Miami987S
AutoX

Chris C,

Do you have strut braces on the front and rear?
Old 06-22-2006 | 06:39 PM
Miami987S
AutoX

nevermind. noticed you said "front brace" in your previous post.
Old 06-23-2006 | 09:05 PM
Miami987S
AutoX

Well they realigned it today and its perfect. They found out their alignment machine was not working properly so thats probably why it was not right before. Thanks for the input!

Quick Reply: Question for CHris C on Springs