Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Better Daily Driver for the Wife, 996TT or New Cayman????

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2006, 03:35 PM
Euromagination
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The first page of this thread was kind of funny.

However, I feel for Mr. Trask because now he's going to have to deal with his wife's new SL 500 being in and out of the shop like it's nobody's business. There's a reason people who work at Mercedes-Benz call their warranty the "180 degree warranty"; as soon as the car leaves the lot, it comes right back with a CEL on.

All of this could have been avoided with a Cayman S. Less moving parts, warrantied, "new"... his wife would have loved it, I bet. I can see what he was trying to say when he stated that his wife doesn't really care as long as it's "a pretty color and has a good stereo". Some people truly don't care about certain things, and just because she made a decision (the SL 500) doesn't mean she really cared about the decision, but might have rather chose that car just to "get it over with".

I call for a do-over.
Old 05-20-2006, 03:01 AM
JohnS54Coupe
7th Gear

Originally Posted by Craig Trask
Oh, come on now...We're talking about a bookish intellectual with absolutely ZERO interest in cars. She's agreed to drive a Porsche, but doesn't know a CGT from a 356. At the dealer, when I asked her which Porsche she liked the best, she said "the silver one" Her two priorities are "a pretty color and a good stereo".
I don't get it. It's your money and you can do with it what you want, but why spend $60-$70k on a Porsche when her criteria could be completely satisfied by a $25k car? Because you have the money and can?

Excess for no reason at all...I love Southern California.

John
Old 05-20-2006, 08:49 PM
Euromagination
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by JohnS54Coupe
I don't get it. It's your money and you can do with it what you want, but why spend $60-$70k on a Porsche when her criteria could be completely satisfied by a $25k car? Because you have the money and can?

Excess for no reason at all...I love Southern California.

John
Southern California??? It's like that everywhere. In fact, it's worse in a lot of places outside of California. Ask me how I know. (check sig)

I'm guessing it's because he wants something cool to drive as an "alternate car". Can't blame him. Go ahead and inject some money back into the economy...
Old 05-21-2006, 03:04 AM
pcar964
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Seems like a silly thing to do, give the wife a 400bhp plus turbo. If she doesn't have a preference either way, why not get her a nice 4 door sedan? These cars aren't practical, and she might get herself into trouble in the turbo.
Old 05-21-2006, 02:51 PM
Baron009
Pro

I envy your wife

Get her a mercedes. Those go well with ladies. Or audi TT.

Quick Reply: The Better Daily Driver for the Wife, 996TT or New Cayman????