Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Newbie here: SoCal dealer reccommendation & pricing on 987S?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2006, 09:36 PM
MalibuSooner
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie here: SoCal dealer reccommendation & pricing on 987S?

Hi everyone,

Been driving a lot of cars and have pretty much settled on a 987S as a second car to my Lexus SUV.

Can anyone recommend a dealer in the LA area? I've not been impressed with the dealer nearest me (Rusnak) or the ones in Woodland Hills and Santa Monica. I've heard good things about Downtown LA -- can anyone confirm or provide other suggestions?

Also, how much of a discount off of MSRP can I reasonably expect to negotiate?

Thanks in advance and I hope to be contributing as a new owner soon!
Old 03-05-2006, 10:51 PM
Palting
Nordschleife Master

Received 238 Likes on 153 Posts

So Cal I know is tougher, but I had $6K off list when I bought mine. OTOH, that was when the 987S had just come out, so it may be easier now.
Old 03-06-2006, 02:09 AM
mbodo
Racer

Call around for pricing. I bought directly off of the dealer lot which was to my advantage when it came to price (and disadvantage when it came to options/colors I wanted).

I was lucky enough to find two identical cars, one in Orange county, and one in San Diego county. I let these guys duke it out for pricing. I didn't get the 6k off that some of the other folks did, I think it totalled 2.5k. The car was still relatively new (bought in May '05), but regardless, its what makes you happy at a price that doesn't give you buyers remorse I suppose. 50k+ is a lot of money to spend on a car that doesn't carry much luggage and only two people, but its got a hell of a view.
Old 03-06-2006, 08:16 PM
lsoletti
6th Gear

I bought mine through Chris Huck at Pioneer in San Diego - great guy and a pleasure to deal with
Old 03-07-2006, 04:06 AM
wilfred
Burning Brakes

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Yes, stay far far away from Rusnak Sales & Service Dept.

Of all places, I had a very pleasant and easy purchasing experience at Beverly Hills. If you've never been there, it is very small and old dealership but their impressive inventory is across the street in the office building parking structure. If I am not mistaken, BH is the biggest Porsche dealer in the west coast.
Old 03-07-2006, 01:20 PM
MalibuSooner
Intermediate

Thanks for the feedback, everyone.

I'll definitely check out BH as I can see they have a good inventory of cars by their website.
Old 03-12-2006, 09:46 AM
MalibuSooner
Intermediate

I ended up buying my car through Rusnak in Pasadena.

I used porscheusa.com to find all the dealers in my area, then I went to their individual websites to check their inventories.

When I found the car I wanted (just about everyone had a handful of Boxster S's) I called the dealership and asked for the Internet saleman. Told him that I knew exactly what I wanted and asked for his bottom line on the car. Offered to sell me any car on the lot for $2K over invoice (he provided the invoice price but I had previously researched it myself based on the options shown on their website) and it was a done deal.

So, stick on the car was about $61K and I got it for $55K. Could have probably got him down a little lower but he (Brian) was really straight-up with me, let me drive the car as much as I wanted, etc.

God Bless the internet! Sure makes buying a car easier if you use the tools available.

Quick Reply: Newbie here: SoCal dealer reccommendation & pricing on 987S?