Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Adding Navigation & An Airplane hit my car ...

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2006, 07:24 PM
mbodo
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow Adding Navigation & An Airplane hit my car ...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...DME:B:RTQ:US:1

I didn't special order my car so I never got to experience what it was like to be a waiter (thank god) .. but I did really want navi. Only need the darn dvd player now ..

Not sure who was bidding against me on this one, but if you frequent this board: You suck. I could have totally gotten that thing for 99 cents!!

Last edited by mbodo; 02-22-2006 at 03:04 PM. Reason: updated thread title
Old 02-18-2006, 05:25 PM
msh26
Instructor

Check the software and see if it is 2.1B which plays MP3s.
Old 02-19-2006, 02:46 AM
mbodo
Racer

I'm beginning to have my doubts as to whether or not this thing will be compatible with my car. I've scoured the TSBs looking for a straight answer with no luck. Guess I'll wait & see what magic the dealer can work.. they're really good at making money dissapear from my wallet ;-)
Old 02-21-2006, 05:17 PM
mbodo
Racer

Exclamation

Once I , (or TSBs over again and again in this case) gained greater confidence that the eBay'd unit would work. Sure enough, dealer called and it did.

But that isn't the story that I want to tell, oh no..

Got a call from the dealer, who said "Well this is a two parter, your PCM unit works.." insert long pause ... ".. and the tech managed to get hit by an airplane while road testing the car."

The car was also in to get the PSM checked as there was an error, hence the road test.

The plane that ran into the car happened to be a scale model plane, not a 747 thank God. Minor scratches to the bumper and a chipped windshield. Obviously nothing the 1) tech 2) dealership could possibly avoid, but I would like to go down on record as THE FIRST PORSCHE OWNER TO BE HIT BY AN AIRPLANE. If there are other contenders to the title, step on up, but until then, I'm claimin' the title!

I think this is funny as all get out, especially as the driver was ok and the car survived with repairable minor blemishes.
Old 02-21-2006, 06:33 PM
Palting
Nordschleife Master

Received 238 Likes on 153 Posts

This has to be one of the best stories yet! Made my afternoon. Thanks for sharing.
Old 02-24-2006, 12:32 AM
mbodo
Racer

All the pieces are installed (or will be by tomorrow morning) except for the actual DVD disk itself. I'm still waiting on that to show up.

If there is anyone that's in north San Diego county that is willing to part with their DVD disk for a few hours this weekend, pm me I'd love to borrow it for a little while to play with the new toy.

Quick Reply: Adding Navigation & An Airplane hit my car ...