Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GHL Custom Exaust and German 100 Cell Cats, Along With A Before And After Dyno Sheet!

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2006, 05:18 AM
Paulsha911
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by autobahnNY
I had no problems with GHL. Customer service (Brian) was great. The studs that attached to the OEM bracket snapped and they fixed it with no problem. They broke again (I admit the fit wasn't perfect and needed adjustment) and they sent me a brand new muffler right away and told me to keep the initial one. Never seem to be sketchy in my experience.
I had no problems with GHL neither. Talked to Brian quite a bit pre and post sales and he was very courteous and helpful.

If you read the 911 forum on the Pelican Parts web site, you will find a lot of great comments about GHL, and about how they stand behind their products, swapping out defective units with new ones with their lifetime warranty, etc. I did a lot of searches when I made my purchase decision to go with GHL.

I remember reading even the Pelican's forum admin saying something like all exhaust have some issues but GHL stands behind their products. To be fair, I think before drawing any conclusion, one should take a look at the long records rather than one incident where only one side of the story is heard.
Old 05-10-2006, 02:06 PM
Caveman
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Sorry to read this story. It sounds like you were a guinea pig and it all went wrong. GHL should retain their reputation by sorting you out as this sort of stuff lingers.

Here in the UK we have a very popular aftermarket exhaust manufacturer called Janspeed who have been in the business for decades. I ran their exhausts on minis and fords when I was younger. At the Goodwood Festival of Speed they had a stand and were telling me that they were doing Boxster exhausts and that they were getting Ferrari-ish sounds out of them. You might want to check them out. No affiliation, etc, etc.

Good luck with GHL.

Regards,

David
Old 05-10-2006, 03:38 PM
CameronD
Banned

I never said they have never had good experiences with customers. Rather I am talking about a customer being promised one thing, driving 1000miles to follow through. Being made to wait 2 days before they start even though they asked me to come at that precise time, I am talking about being asked to cut my factory exaust to see what was inside when I was there (But I told them I wanted to keep it around if I ever wanted to put it back to stock) I am talking about a couple of backyard joe garage types. They don't **** about exausts or performance products, they have a guy named Ben (??) he is a nice guy a decent welder, They did give me the three exausts as promised, but did I get a header, racing cats or my stock exaust back with tips???? NO AND IT WAS PROMISED! Do you have any idea how much the stocker/tips costs! 2500$ Yes 2500$ The exausts they made me don't fit, they cause major and I mean major vibration in the car because of resonance and being fit snugly against the frame of the vehicle, they are UNBEARABLY LOUD, and I MEAN UNBEARABLY LOUD. T I am embarassed to drive the car and when I do I never get on it because it sounds.....Like A damn set of cherry bombs. Not to mention the car is noticeably slower. It would always, chirp in second. Especially around corners under hard acceleration. Now it won't chirp at all. Responsivness is gone.
So in a nutshell, even if they wanted to fix the exausts I am not about to drive to AZ to do it again. And there systems lose power period. All three systems. All I want is my change (only about 5-7$) but really who steals change! Got the car washes of LA the valets... I use them all the time, never have I had the change stolen from my car. And the bluetooth. And finally my exaust... I WANT MY EXAUST BRYAN, I KNOW YOU CUT THE THING OPEN YOU WERE DYING TO DO IT WHEN I WAS THERE, ALL OF A SUDDEN IT DISAPPEARS.. Well I carried the damn thing to the shiiping area. You promised it would go out in the morning. Then when I called you, you say your employee was a witness to wrapping it with me and shipping it out together. YOU LYING LITTLE SNAKE..... ACTUALLY THAT WAS YOUR BROTHER JEFF SORRY!
SO THE ONLY POSITIVE THING ABOUT YOU IS YOU HAVE A DECENT WELDER... PERIOD!
So chime in with your good stories about GHL, I am not a fool in seeing Jeff sit in front of the computer, sure enough having a dozen alias on a forum to pipe your own horn. Your screen names may fool some but not all, and your shout of extortion and innocence may also fool some, but not all.
I exist My name is Cameron Del Pellaro, my service advisor is Erik Patino in Beverly Hills Porsche, I own a Basalt Black Boxter 987S with My girlfriend Alexandra. I exist I am live and I am PISSED!
Please note all, a car company may have 8 good accounts of great service which is not the judge of it's integrity and customer service. It is how it handles the bad and whether it returns property to the owners as my situation is unique in saying most porsche owners wouldn't do what I did or put the mileage on the car that I did to get an exaust built. It is easier and someone is more apt to post a great report on a company if they are happy becuase they want to reward them with praise and other business. Unfortunately alot of people are not like me, if they get screwed lied to or stolen from they see it more as a learning experience and put it behind them. Alot of people are not man enough to stand up to people like this. I know it.
Truth be told the car is shared by my girlfriend and I and I also have a mini cooper. neither my girlfriend or I drive the boxter since the exaust has been on.. I can't afford to go out and just shell out 2500$ for an exaust, so what do I do? So now my girlfriend is very very upset with me, I feel cheated, used and have no idea how they could have not enough ethics to return somebodies exaust and lie about the whole situation.
BRYAN I WANT MY EXAUST BACK......AND TIPS
Old 05-10-2006, 05:13 PM
type987s
Instructor

CameronD,

Sorry to hear about you’re terrible experience. Nothing would make me more ill than my P-car being F***** Up.

Anyway, I thought I would post this question one more time since this is such an active thread. I want an after market exhaust but have been afraid to pull the trigger dreading a nightmare experience like yours. Does anyone have any experience with the Cargraphic exhaust? Has the $2500 price scared everyone off? Pictures of the 987 Cargraphic makes it look top notch.

Second, is a Porsche Sport Exhaust in the pipeline? Expected Price?
Old 05-10-2006, 06:35 PM
38D
Nordschleife Master

Received 820 Likes on 416 Posts

Pictures/videos are worth a thousand words. Post some and it will help your arguement.
Old 05-10-2006, 07:17 PM
infinii
Instructor

1. Did you get it in writing all the work that was going to be done and the cost? If not, then this is basically a "he said, she said" argument in which no one wins.
Old 05-10-2006, 07:43 PM
pcar964
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GHL
After reading your statement that I offered a set of equal length headers to get you here...I know you are BS. I never once told that to you. You asked about them and I specifically told you NO.
Before you were happy with the sound...even the special set you asked us to build ,only for you, even though it would never be a production type.
You threaten to post all kings of bad things about us if I didn't pay for a set of stock mufflers. Seems like you are following thru with you extortion plan.
I will not get into a public pissing match with you. People can believe or not believe all this stuff you wrote.
Brian
Unfortunately these are usually a case of "he said this" and "he said that" and it's all hard to prove. But in this case, I really don't see what motive Cameron would have to post these things if they weren't true.

At this point Brian, Cameron's side sounds pretty convincing... and disturbing. Can you just answer for all of us, where is Brian's stock exhaust?
Old 05-10-2006, 10:11 PM
AOW162435
Seared
Rennlist Member

Received 418 Likes on 233 Posts

Originally Posted by GHL
After reading your statement that I offered a set of equal length headers to get you here...I know you are BS. I never once told that to you. You asked about them and I specifically told you NO.
Before you were happy with the sound...even the special set you asked us to build ,only for you, even though it would never be a production type.
You threaten to post all kings of bad things about us if I didn't pay for a set of stock mufflers. Seems like you are following thru with you extortion plan.
I will not get into a public pissing match with you. People can believe or not believe all this stuff you wrote.
Brian

Brian,
I certainly don't know you, nor do I know Cameron. But that has to rank as one of the most ****-poor excuses for a explanation I've read in a long time. I have a hard time believing that Cameron would spend the time to make this story up. You would do wonders for your reputation by posting an intelligent response to his story.

Andreas
Old 05-10-2006, 11:25 PM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by AOW162435
Brian,
I certainly don't know you, nor do I know Cameron. But that has to rank as one of the most ****-poor excuses for a explanation I've read in a long time. I have a hard time believing that Cameron would spend the time to make this story up. You would do wonders for your reputation by posting an intelligent response to his story.

Andreas

I agree. There are two side to every story and Brian's story so far seems to be missing a lot of info......
Old 05-11-2006, 12:29 AM
ceboyd
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Ray S
I agree. There are two side to every story and Brian's story so far seems to be missing a lot of info......

agreed
Old 05-11-2006, 01:14 AM
Robert Collins - 96 993TT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

agreed again.

Sorry to hear of your troubles Cameron. Thank God my car came with the TechArt exhaust when I bought it from a trustworthy individual. The only exhaust I would even think about would be Fabspeed options, especially after reading this.

FWIW Brian, it would do some good to rectify the situation. Behind the scenes or not, making it right is never too late. But not returning someone's rightful property? Damn. That is low.
Old 05-11-2006, 01:26 AM
CameronD
Banned

Someone said post pics.. It wouldn't do a damn bit of good, but I can post them once I download them. I don't have anysound clips. Like I said the exaust from the outside looks okay. The welds seems good (although I am no expert) I guess you can see how much the tips are off or maybe see how the piping is pressed against the frame of the car in which the SEVERE RESONANCE AND I MEAN SEVERE CAUSED DESTRUCTIVE VIBRATIONS...
PS IF MY DOG COULD TALK HE WOULD TELL YOU, I HATE THE CAR NOW AND WON'T EVEN GET IN IT... No **** my dog if scared ****less of driving in the car now because it shakes, rattles and sounds like a cherry boms on roids... He tucks his tail between his legs the few times I have brought him in it. And let me tell you he LOVES Car rides...... Thanks to Brian My Dog Now Prefers The Mini Cooper Cab and I was trying to train him to be a snob......
Again Bryan, you are now on renntech.org... Every day a new forum until you make amends. I WANT MY STOCK EXAUST BACK AND I WANT IT BACK NOW.... THEN I WILL LEAVE IT 100% ALONE... Be a man for gods sakes, you know I can't afford another damn exaust... PLEASE!

Last edited by CameronD; 05-11-2006 at 01:27 AM. Reason: A POOR SPELLER
Old 05-11-2006, 05:28 AM
Caveman
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

On the exhaust front, remember that German manuafacturers have to have TUV approval for all products which are some of the most stringent quality standards in the world. On a new model I would be tempted to shell out for the German one until the other tuners have caught up or better still get the OEM system when it comes out. Porsche are not stupid and, with the exception of the 993, have produced some fantastic sounding systems (think 964 or 996).

I have heard nothing but plaudits on the Cargraphic systems and can certainly talk to the effectiveness of their sports cats as I run some second-hand ones. Remember the German systems are often produced by dedicated tuners, with budgets to match, and not just exhaust manufacturers. As the model matures the "secrets" of what works and what does not seep out and the choice of decent sounding systems increases... If you look at the 993 we have multiple options that work and that suit every budget and need.

Cheers,

David
Old 05-11-2006, 12:19 PM
John D.
Banned

Received 56 Likes on 36 Posts

After spending some time trying to figure out BOTH sides of the story - here is where I am..... There are too many inconsistencies.. I'll stand behind my Sponsor(s) - GHL.... In fact – Cameron currently has THREE VERSIONS that he was going DYNO and choose which he liked the best. In fact – he never paid for any of the versions – which he still has. In short – he agreed to assist GHL to determine which system would be most suitable for 987s…..

MY FIRST impression is WHY ARE WE READING THIS ON THE FORUM ALTOGETHER??? He agreed to assist in the design – was given 2 versions to test plus his “special configuration” – and now is SPAMMING all the Forums?

Help me out with this????

Plus………

I have a strong suspicion that Cameron has his original muffler already - and was assisted by Robert at GHL to put it in the car when he was departing...

As well - originally - Cameron requested headers be manufactured. GHL's reply was that there was no time, in a few days - to design a custom set of headers. I find it strange that previously, Cameron penned that he was "enticed" by GHL's offer to make a set of headers? There was no enticement, as GHL's reply was they were unable to manufacture them in that time-frame.

Second - I presume Cameron drove his car when departing the shop. If there was an issue - certainly as detrimental as we are lead to believe - then why would he have taken delivery of the car altogether???

Third - I understand that Cameron actually asked GHL for his described "cherry bombs" as a "special". This is called a "custom request"... After installation, I'm also AS certain that GHL would have modified the GHL system back to GHL stock form - AGAIN at the customer's request. He didn't ask - so it wasn't. It's really that simple.

Sorry - I'm having a really difficult time in believing the "facts as presented"... Yes - I'm a GHL customer. No - I have absolutely no problem reaching Brian at GHL, and therefore.....

This thread is closed and if Cameron reposts this same subject without all the facts - he will be banned. It's not "censorship", rather assuring that BOTH SIDES OF THE STORY are known. I have a difficult time using Rennlist as an offshoot of the "Judge Judy Show"...

'Nuff said...

John D.

Quick Reply: GHL Custom Exaust and German 100 Cell Cats, Along With A Before And After Dyno Sheet!