Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Leg room and seat adjustments

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2006 | 02:10 PM
Jim Michaels
Rennlist Member

Default Leg room and seat adjustments

Being 6' 1" with a 34" inseam and wanting about one-inch more seat travel in the Cayman, I compiled the following comments regarding leg room (length) from several forums. First, the extreme case. Someone who reported being 6' 9" with a 42" inseam said he had no problem sitting in the Cayman! But several 6-1 drivers with 34" inseams said they couldn't get comfortable. One 6-2 driver with a 34" inseam reported no problem, although legs were bent. One 6-3 with 35" inseam said he needed at least 2 more inches of seat travel, but two other 6-3 drivers reported sufficient leg room. Conclusions are that those over 6' just have to try the Cayman for themselves, as there seems to be no clear-cut dividing line for comfort; and second, if it's a close call, try all the seat setting combinations (height and seat back rake as well), along with the steering wheel adjustments.
Old 01-23-2006 | 08:46 PM
JRRSA
Rennlist Member

I guess the moral of the story is that everyone is unique and different from the next and to go with that everyone has their own unique driving position. Some like to stretch out (me) some like to sit close with thier legs bent. That's the only way to explain how someone 6'9" with a 42 inch inseam could fit in the Cayman.
Old 01-23-2006 | 10:39 PM
soltino
Rennlist Member

Data Point:

I'm 6'1" 32 inseam; fits me like a glove with the seat all the way back; i like to sit away from the controls and reclined more than i think the average would be.

tino

Quick Reply: Leg room and seat adjustments