Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My first drive

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2005, 08:42 PM
paralizer
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool My first drive

Well not really, but I'm feeling a bit like I'm 16 again. I've owned numerous new cars, but none have made me feel like my 987S. I feel like I'm driving my mom's car for the first time, almost afraid to drive it. The more I look at it, the more I find to like. Inside the car it just feels right, although I am finding the sport chairs a bit of an adjustment. Again the weather here isn't great, so I just went for a quick run around the nieghborhood. The car sounds great, turn is spot-on, minimal body lean, and the brakes are fantastic.(If I don't launch myself into the seatbelt at some point it will be a miracle. )It's also obvious it will take some time to figure out how to use PCM, configure the stereo, and get adept at the onboard computer. All in all quite the car, even if I did spend to much. I know this isn't much of a first report, but I promise pics and a full report when the weather improves and I can go play a little.
Paralizer
Old 12-01-2005, 09:48 AM
MCoupe
Instructor

Congrats! Bay Area has tons a great places fot his car to be driven (top down or up for that matter!).

Have fun.
Old 12-01-2005, 05:45 PM
Palting
Nordschleife Master

Received 238 Likes on 153 Posts

There's a snow flurry here right now. Enjoy the new car in your weather!
Old 12-02-2005, 09:41 AM
paralizer
Instructor

Originally Posted by Palting
There's a snow flurry here right now. Enjoy the new car in your weather!
Would it make you feel better if I told you we had well over 1 inch of rain with 40+mph wind gusts yesterday? I'll not mention that it's supposed to clear out for the weekend with temps in the 50's. I'll get that first real drive in.
Paralizer
PS Oh and before you curse me to much remember out here $500k won't even buy a decent 1 bedroom condo in SF.

Quick Reply: My first drive