Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Home at last.

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2005, 01:12 AM
paralizer
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Home at last.

Well exactly 5 months to the day after I ordered, I have my 987S. Unfortunately its arrival corresponds with the first rains of the season. They had stopped for the ride home, but we are supposed to get more tomorrow. The weekend is supposed to be clear though. That will be my first real opportunity to play I think.
I arrived at the dealer shortly after getting off work. By the time I finished signing all the papers, getting a overview of how to operate some of the features, and having the clear side markers installed it was well into the dinner hour. So I can only report on the 5 mile trip home from the dealer. Traffic was bumper to bumper so I am limited to saying I was truly impressed by the bi-xenon lights. This is my first European car and it has a totally different feel than any other car I've owned, very solid. I feel like I'm back in school with lots of homework. I've never seen so many manuals. The PCM guide alone is going to take a lot of work. I promise a more comprehensive review and the appropriate pics in the coming days. Thanks again to all to have answered questions, reassured me, and tolerated me being a challenge during the past 5 months.
Let the break-in begin. By my calculations it should be nice and broken in just in time for the first DE events in the spring.
Paralizer
PS Oh and if anyone is interested in an 04 Mazdaspeed Miata drop me a line.

Quick Reply: Home at last.