Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Good Price for Low Mi '05 S 'Porsche Exec car'?

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2005, 05:38 PM
CarsRGood
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good Price for Low Mi '05 S 'Porsche Exec car'?

I've found a nice car that has most of the features I want that lists for about $65K. It is supposed to be a "Porsche Exec" car - it has 8K miles but was never registered. Now, I don't know that it wasn't tracked or used as a press test car or ?? I don't suppose they need to actually tell you anything, do they?

What would be a good price for this car? They are offering it at $10k off list but I would think it should be considerably more.

Or would you run from something like this?

Thanks In Advance.
Old 10-26-2005, 06:53 PM
Chris C.
Rennlist Member

Received 540 Likes on 284 Posts

I think that's the best deal you're likely to see on a "new" demo/exec car from a dealer. For less than that price though you can find a few true new cars from dealers (i.e. with 60 miles) or used cars with 2-4K.

I know of a new seal gray S, medium optioned (approx 59 sticker) for 51K for example. Another example: artic with full cocoa leather, used 4K miles, approx 67 sticker, for 51K.
Old 10-26-2005, 07:54 PM
mrpc12
Addict
Rennlist Member

Check the "in-service" date with the dealer. The warranty starts on the date the car is put into service and not the date it's first tittled. Therefore, you may be able to negotiate for a little more of a discount to make up for the lost warranty period.
Old 10-26-2005, 11:55 PM
Palting
Nordschleife Master

Received 238 Likes on 153 Posts

Never registered means it was never purchased from the dealership. It was and continous to be owned and used by the dealrship. It could have been a salesperson's car to drive around in with dealer plates, or a demo car. I have a feeling it is the latter. I have personally witnessed a car with dealer plates on a DE track. Not temp tags, but dealer plates. So who knows what this particular car you are looking at was used for.

I guess a lot depends on how trustworthy is the dealer. Ask them what "Porsche Exec car" means. If they are upfront and say it was a demo, then definitely ask for a bigger discount. If they answer something else that sounds fishy, stay away from them at any price.
Old 11-25-2005, 11:32 AM
pcar964
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I guess it depends highly on whom you're dealing with at the, er, dealer. Although, in my experience with Pcar dealers these days, I wouldn't trust a word any of them say - People who work at dealers these days typically don't know that Porsche ever made air-cooled cars, don't know what LeMans is, and therefore have little interest in the marque besides their commission.
Old 11-25-2005, 10:27 PM
schnell987
Rennlist Member

Quick question: If you were to buy the car new, would you commit to the Factory's recommended break-in schedule?

If yes,... then don't spend $60k+ on a car that most likely did not follow the recommended schedule.

Hope that helps.
Old 11-26-2005, 03:28 PM
Scuba
8th Gear

Originally Posted by pcar964
I guess it depends highly on whom you're dealing with at the, er, dealer. Although, in my experience with Pcar dealers these days, I wouldn't trust a word any of them say - People who work at dealers these days typically don't know that Porsche ever made air-cooled cars, don't know what LeMans is, and therefore have little interest in the marque besides their commission.
You need to take yourself a little road trip up to Jacksonville to visit Brumos.
Old 11-26-2005, 05:15 PM
pcar964
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Scuba
You need to take yourself a little road trip up to Jacksonville to visit Brumos.
Haven't dealt with Brumos a whole lot, I think I bought a few parts from them in the past. I'm talking about Champion in Pompano... I'd rather buy a Porsche from a crack dealer in Liberty City than from those guys.
Old 11-26-2005, 06:30 PM
Scuba
8th Gear

Originally Posted by pcar964
Haven't dealt with Brumos a whole lot, I think I bought a few parts from them in the past. I'm talking about Champion in Pompano... I'd rather buy a Porsche from a crack dealer in Liberty City than from those guys.
I've bought both an '04 Cayenne S, and an '05 Boxster that I just traded it in for, from Mike Macon at Brumos, and have been really happy - but the REAL gem has been the guys in the service department - which I got to know really well thanks to the Cayenne.
Old 11-27-2005, 04:27 PM
pcar964
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Scuba
I've bought both an '04 Cayenne S, and an '05 Boxster that I just traded it in for, from Mike Macon at Brumos, and have been really happy - but the REAL gem has been the guys in the service department - which I got to know really well thanks to the Cayenne.
Well it's good to know that at least one Porsche dealer (and one with a great racing history at that) is treating its customers right.
Old 12-07-2005, 04:13 PM
pl
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

lease the car instead.

Quick Reply: Good Price for Low Mi '05 S 'Porsche Exec car'?