Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone experience a Delay in their Build Dates??

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2005, 08:40 PM
miken168
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone experience a Delay in their Build Dates??

Hi All,

Been lurking on the board for a bit now, and placed an order for the 987 Boxster S about 3 weeks ago. Was told that I would get a March build date (verified based on the dealer's binder containing their allocation/specs of all boxsters by month).

That being said, the plan was that the car would be created in March, and probably get here to California by the end of April/First week of May.

The dealer just called me today and said for some reason, the car was pushed back to April 15th for manufacturing

So was wondering if the rest of you guys experienced delays in build/shipment?

I guess I just can't wait!!!
Old 03-31-2005, 09:25 PM
Moogle
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it happens.

expect 6 weeks after the manufacturing date until the car is in your hands.
Old 04-01-2005, 01:12 AM
schnell987
Rennlist Member

I ordered an S on January 15th, was given April build and May delivery dates. Dealer told me today that the car may be completed on April 18th (a little ahead of schedule).

But keep in mind that if you just ordered the car 3 weeks ago and expect it in your hands within 8 weeks of the inital order, you sill have a very quick turnaround!
Old 04-01-2005, 02:25 PM
Palting
Nordschleife Master

Received 238 Likes on 153 Posts

My car had a finish/completion date of March 28. It was actually finished March 22, and should be here soon. Build dates do fluctuate, unfortunately, and can get delays. Once production starts, it occasionally gets finished earlier, usually no delay. Then, there could be dealys in port, shipping overseas, delay at the arrival port, then delay in shippin cross country. It's like waiting for a baby!!!!
Old 04-03-2005, 03:28 PM
Renquist
Intermediate

Could be worse, you could live in the UK and have to wait for what seems like years, I ordered last year and I'm still waiting to be told I've got a build date.
Old 04-12-2005, 01:27 PM
ngfan
Instructor

After test driving a 987 I am about to order one to replace my SLK. Ordering now would mean a delivery date in Spetember. But the opportunity to meet Mr. Wiedeking next month should change that for the better...

Quick Reply: Anyone experience a Delay in their Build Dates??