Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Club Sport Cayman S

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2005, 11:52 AM
SANDOVAL
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Ghost Rider I hope you're wrong. There has been so much talk about the CS version that I can not beleive that Porsche AG would leave a dollar on the table. As for being a PIPE dream I highly doubt it to many magazines are covering the CS version of the Cayman that the story was planted by a Porsche Exec some where down the line. I think you could have said this about the GT3 too. the early versions of the GT3 never made it to the states but now they are here. I guess we will have to wait and one of us will eventually say I told you so. BTW there has been other ocassions in the passed where PCNA have either lied or just did not have all the information. I really do think Porsche will see the potential market for the CS in the US and capture those customers.
Old 03-23-2005, 12:02 PM
Sanjeevan
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SANDOVAL
Ghost Rider I hope you're wrong. There has been so much talk about the CS version that I can not beleive that Porsche AG would leave a dollar on the table. As for being a PIPE dream I highly doubt it to many magazines are covering the CS version of the Cayman that the story was planted by a Porsche Exec some where down the line. I think you could have said this about the GT3 too. the early versions of the GT3 never made it to the states but now they are here. I guess we will have to wait and one of us will eventually say I told you so. BTW there has been other ocassions in the passed where PCNA have either lied or just did not have all the information. I really do think Porsche will see the potential market for the CS in the US and capture those customers.
Sandoval, do you have any links or specific magazines that discussed about the c.s., I know of only the autoweek which I had a link in my previous post. Any such info. is greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
Old 03-23-2005, 12:04 PM
SANDOVAL
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

All of the press that I have found is in the Cayman in the news at Caymanforums.com. You will find all of the info there.
Old 03-23-2005, 01:57 PM
ztnedman1
Rennlist Member

Received 62 Likes on 37 Posts

I dunno. I think porsche would allow the cayman to be faster. A c.s version would be quite alot of money i would think. The boxster brings in more money than the 911 does doesnt it? with the production of the cayenne i would not be surprised that porsche makes it faster just to make more money. Regadless the car will probably be very easily modified to be much quicker than a 911.
Old 03-23-2005, 03:13 PM
NeedPorscheSpeed
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JFScheck

Holy Cow Jonathan,

Now that's one nice stable of Porsche's you have!!!
Thanks very much! With all due respect, you have quite a stable yourself! I love that Carmon Red Boxster. What a beautiful color!
Old 03-23-2005, 05:41 PM
JFScheck
Addict
Rennlist Member

Old 03-24-2005, 12:14 AM
ScottS
Instructor

My delar Don Rosen took $500, refundable on deposit. I have purchased my Cayenne from them and service both C4S and CS with them.
In terms of whether we will get it or not, we'll see but I will be there if we do. No harm if not, I 'll apply it to some other toy......
Old 03-24-2005, 12:53 AM
NeedPorscheSpeed
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by ScottS
In terms of whether we will get it or not, we'll see but I will be there if we do. No harm if not, I 'll apply it to some other toy......
There you go! That's the way to think positively!
Old 03-24-2005, 04:27 AM
M Danger
Three Wheelin'

I dont think the Cayman will be THAT great, not with out power And for what Porsche is asking i think it is over priced. If it wasnt for the fact that Ill be making my own turbo kit for it, i wouldn't be buying one.

I mean lets face it it will cost porsche LESS to make the cayman than the boxster. and they are asking MORE for it??? Give me a break. Youd think they could atleast put in the 911s motor, i mean gees .2 liter? you cant give me that lousy .2 liter???? Just sell it to me with out the Damn motor and ill put in my own!

Atleast when i put that turbo badge on, i wont have to hear "thats a stupid name"
Old 03-24-2005, 09:58 AM
JFScheck
Addict
Rennlist Member

One wonders if perhaps Porsche will just produce the Cayman S and then let the purists lighten it up, perhaps add some after market turbo kits, and really make a screaming track monster...
Old 03-24-2005, 11:25 AM
Sean
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the boxster brings in more money than the 911

Just to clarify, this is no longer the case. The Boxster sells in fewer numbers than the 911, and Porsche's profit-per-car is much greater on the 911 (especially the 911 Cab and Turbo).

Porsche undoubtedly makes a lot of profit on the Cayenne, but I haven't seen any figures indicating how much. Porsche treats the Cayenne very differently from its sports cars--a 450 HP Turbo for a "mere" $90k!

While I'd LOVE to see a Cayman Club Sport, I doubt the marketers will ever let it happen. The 911 is Porsche's cash cow. We'll have to determine where a Cayman CS would fit in the Porsche pricing foodchain. They'd have to increase price yet again to justify "threatening" the 911.

Personally, I just wish Porsche would put its best NA dry sump powerplant in a lightweight mid-engine coupe. Call it the GT3M or the Cayman Club Sport, whatever. The result would be a legendary car.
Old 03-24-2005, 01:32 PM
M Danger
Three Wheelin'

Porsche... There are some substitutes.
Old 04-16-2005, 05:58 AM
TB993tt
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 108 Likes on 68 Posts

I am playing with the idea about a Cayman CS as my next new Porsche. With the 911 series becoming more of a heavy GT, sorry even the turbo (OK the GT2 is pukka - but a decent looking one is not due til '07) One could strip the Cayman down to 1250 kg forget the boxter motor, an RS Tuning 418hp GT3 motor in the back would be the way to go. The stock Cayman S has beaten the 997 at the ring so.........
Old 04-21-2005, 05:09 PM
Flott Leben
Addict
Rennlist Member

If the 'ring rumors are true, I really hope Porsche doesn't "de-tune" the Cayman to underperform the 997. Although that would probably be a wise marketing move, it would be unfortunate for those of us that want Porsche to build the very best cars they can engineer. It would be sad if the 911's limitations holds the company back from achieving that goal.
Old 04-22-2005, 03:29 AM
Paul Marangoni
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by M Danger
I dont think the Cayman will be THAT great, not with out power And for what Porsche is asking i think it is over priced. If it wasnt for the fact that Ill be making my own turbo kit for it, i wouldn't be buying one.
You haven't even seen one, let alone drive it, and you're already passing judgement. Patience boys.

Personally, I don't like turbo charged cars.

Quick Reply: Club Sport Cayman S