Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)

Coding LED Headlights

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2024 | 06:57 PM
Bergmn
Intermediate

Default Coding LED Headlights

I'm a new 987.2 owner. The previous owner of my 987.2 had low beam LEDs installed. I get errors telling me one is burned out, but it's fine. So the installer either skipped adding a resistor or the former owner didn't get the car programmed for LED. I've installed LED headlights in a couple cars so I am not looking for an explanation. My question is simple, is there a coding option to make the car recognize the Halogen bulb has been replaced with LED or do I need to add an in line resistor to make the LED look like a halogen bulb? (I'm still learning about coding our cars.) IVe received conflicting info on another forum. One user says the Foxwell 510T elite can code this option. Another says the only coding on this car is HID v halogen so I am looking for someone who has actually done this coding or led conversion.
Secondly, some headlights project really well with LEDs, others not as well. It's curious that they only upgraded the low beams. Has anyone gotten good results upgrading the high beams to LED?

I Did all this including coding on my daily driver BMW.