Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Review of 997/987 LidLiners

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2024, 10:35 AM
WalkerT
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts
Lightbulb Review of 997/987 LidLiners

My review
Product: LidLiners

Price: $229
Part number: SKU FS997/RS987

Reason:
A coupe weeks ago I was going to our cars and coffee meet and hit a large bump in road and some of my detailing spray hit the underside of the hood. At first I though it was a suspension knock but yeah found all of the stuff I put into the frunk all over the place, and a black mark where the spray bottle had hit the underside of the hood. A quick google search and found that LidLiners makes an protector for the underside of the hood of Porsches. A week later the hood protector arrived!

Benefits:
Simple, it protects the underside of the hood from stuff banging up against it. This really cleans up the underside of the hood and totally looks OEM. Also when shopping it looks less like I am put my stuff in the wrong place because it has a proper compartment appearance and not a unfinished hood.

Includes:
Lid & 10 fasteners

Install:
Took five minutes, maybe. Just align the liner against the hood and press the fasteners into the holes.

Opinion:
I am actually surprised that these did not come from Porsche. It is very strong and has some small foam to protect the hood from rubbing between the lid and painted surface. I will be getting one of these for any future P cars.

The following users liked this post:
Brick317 (04-08-2024)

Quick Reply: Review of 997/987 LidLiners