Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Roof operation issue

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2024, 01:42 PM
Graemep7ii
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Roof operation issue

Hi all , new to here , I'm looking for a solution to an issue I've noticed recently with my roof operation, the roof operates correctly when I unlatch the handle, the windows drop and the roof opens , but when I close the roof the windows don't drop to allow the roof to close properly, if I lower the windows myself obviously the roof aligns and closes correctly . So has anyone else had this issue , I assume the handle microswitch is OK as are the door handle microswitches , is there a microswitch on the switch to close the roof? Any help is appreciated, thanks G
Old 04-01-2024, 09:43 AM
Julian_KCMO
Instructor

Received 106 Likes on 58 Posts

This is a new one...
Old 04-01-2024, 09:57 AM
Graemep7ii
5th Gear

Originally Posted by Julian_KCMO
This is a new one...
Its the same issue as the other post about roof closure , which i replied to. Does anyone know if there is a microswitch in the rear clamshell which activates the the windows lowering when the roof is switched to close?
Old 04-01-2024, 12:40 PM
Graemep7ii
5th Gear

Default Wiring marked in green

Can anyone confirm is this wiring diagram is correct and the control module has a microswitch inside for closing the roof.
Old 04-05-2024, 11:39 AM
Schwinn
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 188 Likes on 139 Posts

I think you're on the right track - I would expect the two switches in the transmission are what the car uses to know that the top is not closed and/or that it's open, to determine that the windows should be dropped down. Again, note that both are in the transmission.

Do you have access to a Porsche-specific OBD tool (like the Foxwell NT530)? I know that in that you can look at these switches in real-time and see that the signals are reading correctly. Of course, I would also expect that the car would indicate these aren't working via error message (ie, the dash would say top is not in the fully up or down position - I've seen this before, but don't remember the exact wording).
Old 04-06-2024, 08:38 AM
Graemep7ii
5th Gear

I don't have access to foxwell unless someone on here is in west lothian or surrounding areas and would allow me to borrow , I do have icarsoft but not sure if it goes as deep as checking microswitches, I'll plug it in when I get a decent bit of weather so I can move rhe roof. Thanks for your input. Much appreciated 👏

Quick Reply: Roof operation issue