Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

987/993/996/986 - Specific Camera Cellphone GoPro Radar Detector Mount RoadSpy RS2

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2024, 02:52 PM
Ruby Star Light
AutoX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RoadSpy
Yes there is a way to mount a Blackvue by using the original mount (with sticky pad) and sticking that to one of the following mounts with the GoPro knuckles, that will then hook directly into the RoadSpy's GoPro-style knuckles:

GoPro knuckles
Thanks I'm definitely interested! I think there are two issues though. Isn't the adhesive still going to fail when attached to the knuckle? Or is there a clean way to reinforce it?

Also, I actually don't think you have one compatible with my mirror, it's a 987 with auto dimming and rain sensor (image stolen from a competitor: https://i.shgcdn.com/408d44e6-5b1d-4...ality/lighter/).
Old 05-16-2024, 09:22 AM
RoadSpy
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 39 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Ruby Star Light
Thanks I'm definitely interested! I think there are two issues though. Isn't the adhesive still going to fail when attached to the knuckle? Or is there a clean way to reinforce it?

Also, I actually don't think you have one compatible with my mirror, it's a 987 with auto dimming and rain sensor (image stolen from a competitor: https://i.shgcdn.com/408d44e6-5b1d-4...ality/lighter/).
The RoadSpy model you'll need will be the upcoming RS4 due out later this Fall, that model will fit the 986/987/996 with optional auto dim and rain sensor mirrors and all of 997. Those adhesive pads are pretty aggressive, once the pad is bonded, there should be no failure. Definitely clean both surfaces with alcohol and dry first.

The following users liked this post:
Ruby Star Light (05-16-2024)
Old 05-16-2024, 02:21 PM
Ruby Star Light
AutoX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RoadSpy
The RoadSpy model you'll need will be the upcoming RS4 due out later this Fall, that model will fit the 986/987/996 with optional auto dim and rain sensor mirrors and all of 997. Those adhesive pads are pretty aggressive, once the pad is bonded, there should be no failure. Definitely clean both surfaces with alcohol and dry first.
Awesome! I'll be ready to order as soon as it's available then
Old 07-20-2024, 11:52 PM
Flyrod
Intermediate

Received 17 Likes on 7 Posts

I have taken note of the RoadSpy products and website and will be taking a serious look in the coming weeks. I have quickly glanced at it, bookmarked it, and will probably get around to it in early August.

I bought a Uniden 8 as a radar detector and want to hardwire it so I don’t have to deal with the cord coming down to my socket. Pretty sure it has saved me two tickets in my first week.

Thanks.

Quick Reply: 987/993/996/986 - Specific Camera Cellphone GoPro Radar Detector Mount RoadSpy RS2