Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

987.2 Boxster Rear Control Unit - PIWIS coding

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2024, 06:55 AM
Mr P. Pan
AutoX

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 987.2 Boxster Rear Control Unit - PIWIS coding

Had to replace the Rear Control Unit in my 2012 987.2 Boxster S PDK because of water damage.

Have replaced the unit, but now it needs to be ‘coded’. I have a PIWIS (PIWIS4 42.300), but am new to using PIWIS.

Could someone who has done it before be so kind to run me through how I do the ‘coding’ with the PIWIS?

(I’ll owe you a nice craft beer or two if you’re in the neighborhood. Or can send if you give me your address
Old 03-27-2024, 08:07 AM
ZuffenZeus
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,910 Likes on 1,044 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr P. Pan
if you’re in the neighborhood.
Hahaha.. nice one, you're in Tokyo!

Unless something has changed with Porsche, this module is considered a security device and iPASS codes will need to be entered into the network for it be coded. The process is laid out in the service manual as I've posted before for others that have attempted it, but without access to the Porsche network authentication, having a PIWIS is not enough to do this job. This is the same as making new keys. Therefore, my advice would be to get the car to the dealership for coding.
The following 2 users liked this post by ZuffenZeus:
Mr P. Pan (03-27-2024), Zepper (03-27-2024)
Old 03-27-2024, 11:33 PM
Mr P. Pan
AutoX

@ZuffenZeus I did offer to send! Thank you for taking the time to reply.

I had read many comments like “it is a 10-15 minute job with a PIWIS”, without mentioning that dealer codes are needed, so I thought I could do it myself with PIWIS.

I found back your earlier posts on the topic. To be clear, I am talking about the control unit under the seat, not the one behind the steering column.

​​​​
Old 03-28-2024, 09:49 AM
ZuffenZeus
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,910 Likes on 1,044 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr P. Pan
To be clear, I am talking about the control unit under the seat, not the one behind the steering column.​​​​
Same applies my friend. Save the hassle and just take it to a Porsche dealership or any independent that has PIWIS and Porsche network accounts for programming keys and security modules.
Old 03-29-2024, 04:04 AM
Mr P. Pan
AutoX

Thank you for replying. Bad news for me unfortunately. No independents with porsche accounts here, so that leaves only the official dealers.

Quick Reply: 987.2 Boxster Rear Control Unit - PIWIS coding