Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2006 Coding Questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2024, 12:06 PM
benspeeder
7th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2006 Coding Questions

Got myself a 2006 Boxster base, 5 sp, 89K miles. This was an auction car I scored for $3100. I've got this thing in pristine shape now, runs perfect but I've some coding items I need some guidance on.

Got a new key cut for $720 from the dealer/indy and it works fine but the car remote key will not lock, only open the doors and the trunks. When I brought it back to the indy they said it may not be locking because an I installed an aftermarket carplay unit. The unit is wired like factory with a proper wiring harness. Is this something I can remediate with coding? Do I need to code this radio to the car to get it to lock? Upon indy scan, nothing appeared to logically fix it. Any other ideas on what might cause a remote no lock situation?

Second item is the TPC or TPMS feature is no longer displayed on the LCD navigation. I think this is something I can code back in. Anybody have experience with this? I saw a few posts that the Foxwell 530NT was the scanner/coder unit to get for a 987 Boxster.

Any feedback on the most cost effective but capable scanning/coding unit to buy?

Thanks!
The following users liked this post:
Mansu944 (02-01-2024)
Old 01-30-2024, 12:23 PM
benspeeder
7th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

bump
Sorted the lock issue. TPC not displayed, seems to have stumped everybody
Bought an NT530 - good unit, but does not support TPC/TPMS. I can select if it's installed or not, and edit the wheel sensors ranges and Hrtz but I can't add TPC as an option on the cluster or gateway

Last edited by benspeeder; 01-30-2024 at 12:27 PM.
Old 01-30-2024, 01:06 PM
GC11
AutoX

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Congratulations and enjoy your car. The Durametric Professional may be useful but others who have used it specifically for your needs may be able to chime in.

I have placed a link to the Durametric website that has a model feature matrix and also to another site with more detailed information by the floatingkiwi, including Gateway, Alarm and Instrument Cluster options.

Perhaps the key options need to be matched in Alarm? Does the Foxwell have access to any of these modules? Carefully back up everything a few times over before making changes.

http://www.durametric.com/modelfeaturematrixv6.aspx#987
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...htmlview?pli=1

Addendum. Just realised you sorted the key issue.

Last edited by GC11; 01-30-2024 at 01:17 PM.
Old 01-30-2024, 05:20 PM
vitaminC
Rennlist Member

Received 153 Likes on 92 Posts

For TPMS, check the build using the VIN to see if it was an installed option. It wasn’t standard.

Quick Reply: 2006 Coding Questions