Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Replacement front bumper 987.1 with a cooler OEM?

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2023, 02:31 PM
man7sell
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Question Replacement front bumper 987.1 with a cooler OEM?

My front bumper is crazed and ugly after a car or xxx ever reversed into it at a supermarket. Came out to find my license plate hanging off.

So my thought (and a question to you all). Can I install a cooler front bumper cover that is OEM (I don't want a fiberglass after market)?
Old 12-18-2023, 07:46 PM
Goonfather
Advanced

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Might want to consider a Boxster front bumper - It's more rounded (with no lip at the bottom), and integrated foglights. I've seen it done once, and it looked half okay.

Otherwise, sticking with the OE Porsche sphere, you could go with a 997 front, but involves changing the front guards, and lights to 911 ones, which I think looks incredibly sharp and more complementary to the Cayman's flowing lines.
Old 12-20-2023, 03:59 AM
stotka
Intermediate

Received 30 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Goonfather
Might want to consider a Boxster front bumper - It's more rounded (with no lip at the bottom), and integrated foglights. I've seen it done once, and it looked half okay.

Otherwise, sticking with the OE Porsche sphere, you could go with a 997 front, but involves changing the front guards, and lights to 911 ones, which I think looks incredibly sharp and more complementary to the Cayman's flowing lines.
You can see it here in my post.
https://rennlist.com/forums/987-foru...l#post18737319
I didn't do this, its from 2 owners ago. It doesn't bother me. Some days I like it, others I don't.
Old 12-20-2023, 03:48 PM
man7sell
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Question

Originally Posted by Goonfather

When you say replacing the lights for a 997 front, do you mean just the fog lights, or the headlights as well?
Old 12-20-2023, 06:50 PM
Fresh.Sizzle
Instructor

Received 67 Likes on 35 Posts

OEM won't drastically change/improve the design language.

I went w a custom-made-to-order FRP aftermarket bumper (991.2 GT3RS) and suits the bodylines surprisingly well and looks OEM.
As far as I know, I have the only one in the world.

Quick Reply: Replacement front bumper 987.1 with a cooler OEM?