Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

is this a sirius radio antenna on top of the car

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2023, 12:36 PM
nate5150
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts
Default is this a sirius radio antenna on top of the car

Can anyone confirm that this black rectangle on top of the car in the center directly above windshield is some type of a SIRIUS XM antennae and not any part of rain sensor or any other factory part of car?

This car had an added xm radio unit (sitting in lower bottom dash pocket) that I am going to remove. need to know if it is safe to pull this antennae off and hope that the paint under it is OK.

Old 12-13-2023, 02:14 PM
nate5150
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Well, I hope it was the sirius xm antennane, because I just removed it. V E R Y carefully with some WD-40 and a razor blade V E R Y delicately. its all gone now, all residue, paint looks just fine underneath. PHEW! added just the exact right about of black silicone gasket material where it needed it and glued the trim back down. you'd never know that blocky ridiculous thing was ever there. it looked very lame.
Old 12-13-2023, 04:59 PM
MrMoose
Burning Brakes

Received 365 Likes on 252 Posts

That's not stock so it must've been added for the XM unit. The OEM wart antenna on the 987.2 (for the GPS, and maybe Sirius too?) is center rear of the roof, not near the rubber strip like that.

Quick Reply: is this a sirius radio antenna on top of the car