Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Headlight unit not working N/S/F

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2023, 04:14 PM
Laquan
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headlight unit not working N/S/F

Good morning All i hope everyone is wellI just recently brought a Porsche cayman 987 2007, after a few day of owning it a light come on, which was a (!) bulbs out it was a both rear brakes light, nsf dip beam and indication, so i replace the bulbs and the light when out for the brakes light but the light are still not not working at the front headlights. Now all the nsf light stop working. Also have MOT coming up I also fitted led for the dip beam which work one side and not the other sideAny idea on how to fix the issue

Nsf headlight are not working i replace the that are not working, bulbs are stock in this photo

Old 10-30-2023, 06:29 AM
Cemlo
Advanced

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts

I'd start by replacing everything back to stock, no LED replacements etc. Then check for voltage at any bulb socket that lights are out. Idealy you need a circit diagram but you would need to work back to where the live is still working. Sounds like your issues started with the brake lights. Even if you go back to having the rears not working with the dash warning (guessing the front worked then?), this would be my starting place.

I've just reminded myself by looking up the gen 1 rear lights, the bulbs are the older type - these can be put in incorrecly, there is an wright and wrong way that can cause issues like you described. Rotate the bulb 180 degrees, one filament draws 21w the other much lower at 4w - not saying this is the cause but it's made only one light work when I had it the wrong way, gl
Old 10-30-2023, 09:03 AM
Ric In RVA
Instructor

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

Check you didn't bend the pins in the housing plug

Quick Reply: Headlight unit not working N/S/F