Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Top stuck closed

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2023, 05:14 PM
Sparkyj
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Top stuck closed

2007 base 987 boxster, Is there a way to bypass all control and switches and send 12v straight to the motor? Can it be done at the RCU, what are the jumpers. Or is it better to go straight to the motor? And where do I find the motor . Any help is much appreciated
Old 10-08-2023, 09:52 PM
Ryan Komand
6th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Can you elaborate more about current situation for the top? I recently got top issue (plastic ball joint broke) and keep operating it, and then cause a lot of other damages(transmission gear/pivot plate/hydraulic push rod). So, I would not run the motor until I can figure out the root cause.
Old 10-09-2023, 11:09 AM
Julian_KCMO
Instructor

Received 106 Likes on 58 Posts

Outside of the "cause" questions from Ryan, If you can borrow a Foxwell NT530 or Durametric, you can utilize the "test" feature to tell the car to open/close the roof. There was a problem somewhere in my car with the roof electronics and using the NT530 wqas the only way I could open the roof, the switch would close it, just not open. Yes you can drive the motor with 12V directly (I did it during early testing) BUT, the motor is under the clamshell against the back wall to the trunk.
The following users liked this post:
Sparkyj (10-14-2023)

Quick Reply: Top stuck closed