Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PIWIS lll - I’m lost and stupid

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2023, 10:47 PM
scottmcdaniel
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Angry PIWIS lll - I’m lost and stupid

So…I rented a Piwis lll so I could restore my cruise control (which I inadvertently deleted using a Durametric a year or so ago). I found and coded the ‘speed control’ on th steering wheel stalk, wrote it and it worked! Hooray!

Then I messed up.

I have some tricky little things like LED lights and a disabled rear frunk light (?!) so I thought I’d poke around. I saw an entry for ‘automatic coding/manual coding’ under a specific header. I chose ‘manual’ and evidently I misinterpreted that as ‘manually change things yourself’ not i.e. transmissions.

Now my PSM, ABS lights are on, my TPM is acting weird and my ^#^@*@* cruise control is gone again. And I can’t find that damned menu again to choose ‘automatic’ and presumably find my required settings.

If anyone has any ideas on how to get back there and normalize things, that would be great. I kinda wish it were like a computer - ‘click here to reset to factory settings’.

Also, I have this thing for another week (October 2nd) so if you are in the Chattanooga area, give a shout and you can come up to use it a bit.

Old 10-05-2023, 03:24 PM
bredward
Advanced

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts

It looks like Durametric has Transmission Type under Suspension (PASM) according to this cheat sheet.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Quick Reply: PIWIS lll - I’m lost and stupid