Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuse for front trunk light...where?

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2023, 08:26 PM
sasilverbullet
Rennlist Member

Received 789 Likes on 413 Posts
Default Fuse for front trunk light...where?

Anyone know where the fuse is for the front trunk light? The 06 Cayman S I bought doesn't have the fuse book inside the panel. And I've looked online and haven't been able to find it.

Help!
Old 10-02-2023, 05:47 PM
Zirconocene
Rennlist Member

Received 735 Likes on 518 Posts

I'll be honest, I didn't look through the information, but here's what I found for a fuse listing:

https://www.stuttcars.com/porsche-ca...mperages-list/

ETA: Perhaps you'd already found that. Looking at the wiring diagram, the front luggage compartment light is connected to pin 6 of the front end control unit via a BLK/RED wire. I can't tell exactly where it's getting power but from looking at the connections that feed power to the front end control unit, it looks like it would come from F3. For what it's worth, this comes from the "Body Control Modules" section of the wiring diagram of a 2007 (which is what I use to try and figure things out on my 2006).

ETA2: I went back and saw that there is no row F in that linked article, but the wiring diagram also says that this fuse is in Fuse Holder C (under left side of dash. at kick panel)

Cheers

Last edited by Zirconocene; 10-02-2023 at 06:01 PM.
Old 10-04-2023, 12:08 AM
c1n3ma
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Just wanted to add a piece to this, I'm assuming that your front light isn't working. I just had to fix this in my 987, it wasn't a problem with the bulb burnt or fuse, but actually a problem with the latch. The car didn't know that the frunk was open, this can be tested by opening the frunk and trying to lock the car. If the car beeps, the switch is working properly, but if the car doesn't know the frunk is open, that could be your problem. It was actually a really easy fix for mine, even easier than changing the bulb.
The following 2 users liked this post by c1n3ma:
bredward (10-05-2023), J Free (10-04-2023)

Quick Reply: Fuse for front trunk light...where?