Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Unplug micro switch connector on the driver side convertible top transmission

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2023, 03:50 AM
Ryan Komand
6th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Unplug micro switch connector on the driver side convertible top transmission

Hi, the plastic gear in the driver side top transmission broke and I need to rebuild the transmission. However, I cannot unplug the micro switch connector on the transmission. It's very tight, and doesn't have much room for my finger to grip it. I cannot feel any clip in the connector, so I guess just pull it out? But I'm afraid I could break it if I pull too hard. Anyone has experience or suggestions about it?

Thank you!

Old 08-29-2023, 10:11 AM
Julian_KCMO
Racer

Received 110 Likes on 59 Posts

You can unplug it once you've removed the bolts holding the transmission to the body.

Cheers,
Julian
Old 08-29-2023, 02:08 PM
Ryan Komand
6th Gear

Hi Julian, thanks for your reply. I have tried to remove the bolts and free the transmission, but this connector is still very tight. Do you know whether I should pull it really hard? Or there's some tricks to disconnect it.

Thank you!
Ryan
Old 08-29-2023, 03:15 PM
Julian_KCMO
Racer

Received 110 Likes on 59 Posts

there will definitely be a latch/locking gtab of some description which appears to be on the backside of that connector based on your photo. I had my gearbox out to chage a broken gear a couple of years ago and I'm guessing I unplugged it after removing the nuts that hold it to the body.
DEFINITELY do not pull really hard.
Old 09-06-2023, 01:59 PM
Ryan Komand
6th Gear

Just an update, I used a bent nose plier to unplug it successfully. It seems there's no clip/latch on this connector. Thanks for the help!
The following users liked this post:
hion (09-07-2023)

Quick Reply: Unplug micro switch connector on the driver side convertible top transmission