Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Parking lights on when headlights are on?

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2022, 03:51 PM
plantman77
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Parking lights on when headlights are on?

I know this sounds like a silly question, but can someone tell me if their parking light bulbs stay on when their headlights are on.
I have a 08 CS and don't remember them ever being on when the headlights were on. I recently had my battery disconnected and now they are on when the headlights are on.

Not the fog lights, the small 5W parking light bulbs are always on now with the headlights.

Hoping someone else can tell me if this is how it is on their car.
Old 07-10-2022, 05:02 PM
Joe Henley
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Plantman,
On my 2010 BS, those are referred to as driving lights. They can be set to default on or off via the onboard computer (access and select via the bottom left hand lever on the steering wheel column. In my manual, the relevant info is on page 130. See attached below.
Joe Henley

Old 07-10-2022, 05:41 PM
plantman77
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe Henley
Plantman,
On my 2010 BS, those are referred to as driving lights. They can be set to default on or off via the onboard computer (access and select via the bottom left hand lever on the steering wheel column. In my manual, the relevant info is on page 130. See attached below.
Joe Henley

Thanks for the reply. I think DRL's are only available on the 987.2. I just checked my instrument cluster and don't have this option. Mine just ends at clock.
Unless somehow the car now thinks it has DRL's but no option to change it.

Quick Reply: Parking lights on when headlights are on?