Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

window auto drop not operating

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2022, 06:11 AM
porsche550s
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default window auto drop not operating

987.2. My passenger window is operating normally up and down with the switch, but when trying to open the door originally only from inside and now both inside and out, you can hear the window solenoid and motor making noise and it sounds like the window is being rolled down the automatic 10mm but the window only flinches. If you open the door and push the window down manually it will drop down the 10mm and than when the door is shut it will auto raise to the correct position. does anyone have any idea what is wrong?
Old 06-07-2022, 09:25 AM
Schwinn
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 188 Likes on 139 Posts

So, it sounds like the window is being commanded, but it's not actually moving? If that's the case, then it could be that there is a loose component in the regulator assembly, so the short motion is just taking up the slack in that looseness. Alternatively it could be that the regulator is binding up and preventing quick motions.

What happens if you just blip the window up/down with the switch? Does the window move immediately, or does it seem like it's also showing a slack issue?

This is my guess... cars get old, things wear out, so this would be my first suspicion...

Quick Reply: window auto drop not operating