Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 Cayman CDR-30 Radio Preset #6 button?

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2022, 05:22 PM
orbit398
Track Day

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default 2010 Cayman CDR-30 Radio Preset #6 button?

Just bought a 2010 Cayman S and assume it has the CDR-30 radio (not navigation). Try to set the radio station preset buttons (1-6 on FM1). I don't have a User Guide and can't seem to find one online either. I learned that you have to clear out all the stored stations to set new ones. On FM1, I can set stations 1-5 with no problem. But station 6 says 'auto reset' or something like that and it asks if you want to clear the stations. I have set presets 1-5 but can't figure out how to set the 6th spot. Is there a trick to doing that?

thanks
Old 09-16-2022, 12:04 AM
FlipE
Rennlist Member

Received 56 Likes on 39 Posts

I have the Porsche CDR-30 PAPER manual for my 2011 Cayman.

My problem is, I think, caused by a mechanically-stuck upper left soft button. The rest of them FEEL right, but don't do anything. This one does not do anything either but it feels like it is stuck IN.

Symptoms? Sounds great, on-off and volume works. I can listen to anything I want, as long as it is Cities97. Tuner **** does nothing. Display is always the same.
Old 09-17-2022, 04:33 PM
FlipE
Rennlist Member

Received 56 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by FlipE
I have the Porsche CDR-30 PAPER manual for my 2011 Cayman.

My problem is, I think, caused by a mechanically-stuck upper left soft button. The rest of them FEEL right, but don't do anything. This one does not do anything either but it feels like it is stuck IN.

Symptoms? Sounds great, on-off and volume works. I can listen to anything I want, as long as it is Cities97. Tuner **** does nothing. Display is always the same.
Pried the button out and everything works. Radio tuner. Hands-free iPhone. CD player. Still want a backup camera, so I may replace the whole thing later.

If you want me to look up something in the manual, let me know.

Sorry for the thread hijack. I'll see myself out.

Quick Reply: 2010 Cayman CDR-30 Radio Preset #6 button?