Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Boxster S vs black edition to purchase?

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2021, 12:51 PM
SteveG
Rennlist Member

Received 98 Likes on 77 Posts
Default 2012 CSBE

Originally Posted by jbx2
Thank you Sir, I'm outside of Reading. I will mention that the 19 inch wheels are very nice and they will bend. I recently hit a road patch that didn't have enough asphalt fill that left a nasty lip which I happened to hit yielding the same result as a pothole. I tracked down it down to UGI and sent them the GPS coordinates from my car camera and they actually owned up to it. I sent them a picture of the bent wheel and an estimate for the replacement. I received a check for $3200. Yeah they look good, but they alone are worth quite a bit of cheddar. If you go with a manual check to see if the shift cables have been replaced. Mine broke at 30K out on a country road on a Friday evening. After limping home in 3rd gear I replaced them with Numerics. One other small issue if you do your work, be prepared to replace the coil packs and spark plugs I'm aware of a few other times like the water pump and accessory drive belt are probably worth looking at when evaluating the higher mileage 987's.
CS here: Ditto on performance, #259, except mine is PDK w/paddle shifters. 15,300 miles, mint. I have auatox only twice and love it. Ride can be a bit tough on the LIE, but I can avoid that. It sits too much and makes me do things on the street I shouldn't (que Credance "I cast a spell on you". I would sell for $45K which is pretty much what I have in it. Tires have tread, but are out of date and need replacing. Located on North Shore, Long Island.

Last edited by SteveG; 01-04-2022 at 11:24 AM. Reason: add
The following users liked this post:
Bud Fox (12-31-2021)
Old 01-01-2022, 09:07 AM
hlee96
Rennlist Member

Received 198 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by SteveG
CS here: Ditto on performance, #259, except mine is PDK w/paddle shifters. 15,300 miles, mint. I have auatox only twice and love it. Ride can be a bit tough on the LIE, but I can avoid that. It sits too much and makes me do things on the street I shouldn't (que Credance "I cast a spell on you". I would sell for $45K which is pretty much what I have in it. Tires have tread, but are out of date and need replacing. Located on North Shore, Long Island.
That's a great price for a CSBE! If it was manual or Boxster BE, then I can justify to my wife since we already bought a black Cayman R with PDK. I will ask my brother if he likes a cayman as much as he does Boxster. Thanks Steve!
The following users liked this post:
Snakebit (01-01-2022)

Quick Reply: Boxster S vs black edition to purchase?