Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NAV TV 997 Head unit

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2021, 01:39 AM
Sylverlee
Rennlist Member

Received 135 Likes on 69 Posts
Default NAV TV 997 Head unit

Has anyone used the NAV TV 997 to put in an aftermarket HU? Their double din mount is so tight I’m afraid it won’t come out down the line. Any one with experience?

Might buy the $100 Scosche to see if it has the same issue.

Car is a 2010 Boxster S
Old 10-17-2021, 05:58 PM
BoulderGeek
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Not related to this mount system, but I used a cheap Metra mount kit for my Cayman 987. I had bought the more expensive, nice one from CAI (https://cai-store.com/pages/997-boxs...o-installation) for the 997. It didn't fit for my Cayman, so was worthless. I ended up just using the $20 Metra kit.
The installation instructions on the Metra kit inducated that if you didn't cut off the mounting tabs on the side pieces, it would lock in and be effectively impossible to remove without dismantling the whole dash. I cut all of the mounting tabs off with a Dremel, and just use the OEM security set screw on the right side to secure the radio into position. Just need a 7mm ratcheting slim wrench, and it pops in and out easily, yet remains locked when you want it secure. Just a thought.
Old 10-17-2021, 08:36 PM
Sylverlee
Rennlist Member

Received 135 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by BoulderGeek
Not related to this mount system, but I used a cheap Metra mount kit for my Cayman 987. I had bought the more expensive, nice one from CAI (https://cai-store.com/pages/997-boxs...o-installation) for the 997. It didn't fit for my Cayman, so was worthless. I ended up just using the $20 Metra kit.
The installation instructions on the Metra kit inducated that if you didn't cut off the mounting tabs on the side pieces, it would lock in and be effectively impossible to remove without dismantling the whole dash. I cut all of the mounting tabs off with a Dremel, and just use the OEM security set screw on the right side to secure the radio into position. Just need a 7mm ratcheting slim wrench, and it pops in and out easily, yet remains locked when you want it secure. Just a thought.
Thanks. I did end up cutting off one of the tabs, unit is still snug but can easily come out.
The following users liked this post:
BoulderGeek (10-20-2021)

Quick Reply: NAV TV 997 Head unit