Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TPM question Cross Post

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2021, 01:13 AM
Surfndav
Racer

Received 62 Likes on 47 Posts
Default TPM question Cross Post

Cross-Post from DE Forum

Quick question, I"m at the track running in the morning. I have a new set of wheels and tires Toyo RR's, on 18" Apex's. When I was having them I opted not to install TPM sensors. Will this cause problem? I was planning to put them on the car in the morning. The wheels I'm running now 2 of the sensors have quit working and I'm now getting a PSM failure. Please help if you can.
My car is a 2009 Cayman S. I'm running at Auto Club Speedway, and I'd really like to run tomorrow.
Old 10-03-2021, 05:56 AM
hueyhoolihan
Pro

Received 206 Likes on 161 Posts

i'm assuming your current PSM failure will remain the same when you install four new wheels without TPM sensors. and if that's true you will have to decide if you want to go out on track without the PSM.

Old 10-03-2021, 10:44 AM
Surfndav
Racer

Originally Posted by hueyhoolihan
i'm assuming your current PSM failure will remain the same when you install four new wheels without TPM sensors. and if that's true you will have to decide if you want to go out on track without the PSM.
If I was at one of my home tracks I would give it a try without PSM, but this track is a very high speed and I don't want to learn how much I depend on PSM at 135 MPH through turn 1 and 2. That is a good idea though. I'm under the impression that the PSM is related to the Sport Mode failure, I will run a session without sport mode and see how that goes. This morning I will Clear the codes with my Duramitric tool and disconnect the battery as if to do a hard boot on the car before I go out. It could be a short day at the track.
Old 10-04-2021, 08:59 AM
Robert Nixon
Racer

Received 159 Likes on 100 Posts

the original question about running with TPMS, no problem, just check pressures manually. Sorry I don't know how that interacts or not with PSM
Old 10-05-2021, 12:21 PM
NewArt
Rennlist Member

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts

No TPMS, you'll just get an error message which you can clear with the stalk, and an exclamation mark on the dash which will stay on but have no effect.
Old 10-05-2021, 01:30 PM
Surfndav
Racer

Originally Posted by NewArt
No TPMS, you'll just get an error message which you can clear with the stalk, and an exclamation mark on the dash which will stay on but have no effect.
Yes I understand that now. I meant to follow up but I’ve been busy, but I figured the whole thing out. I had an ABS module with a wiring issue. I was able to re-splice the wires and all is good. Thanks for all the help everyone

Quick Reply: TPM question Cross Post