Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 Boxster audio wiring

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2021, 07:32 AM
scottmcdaniel
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default 2010 Boxster audio wiring

So while I have my seat out for my pending 'rear control module' replacement (arriving today hopefully!), I decided to clean up the car stereo area. The previous owner installed a bunch of 3rd party stuff and there were loose speaker wires hanging, and everything factory is just ripped out, and there has *always* been an error that just says 'audio error' in the computer menu. I found an XM radio module just lying in the console behind the climate control unit...it's a mess.

The original sticker shows these itemized audio related parts:
- 619 Bluetooth Interface for Mobile Phone
- 870 Universal Audio Interface

Additionally, when I went to install my own head unit, there was no antenna to be found. Here is a picture of my wiring harness - can anyone identify the circled items? For what it's worth, my head unit works fine when attached to the main harness, except for dimming.

In one image below, there is a smaller harness that was hanging down below the main one...it's the one shown in pink with text on it. Here's what's imprinted on it:
Tyco
1394048-1
PBT-GF10
I've googled it and those appear to be just the harness material itself. I'm wondering if it was part of the original PCM?

As an aside: man, it is DIRTY in here. I'm going to remove my entire console and give it a good cleaning as well.

Quick Reply: 2010 Boxster audio wiring